View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish have names. they are pets so we name them
the clowns are Ryan and Dungey. Most people on this forum won't get that one
Blanch the blenny
Max the Mccloskers
I plan to name the Carpenters wrasse that is coming soon: festool. I doubt most will get that either, which is why naming them is fun.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only named one fish. Years ago, I had an Undulate Triggerfish that had an outrageous amount of personality. I named him Zach. Eventually, Zach was the only fish in his aquarium, and would tolerate no interlopers. Zach liked to redecorate the tank, picking up and dropping shells and small rocks with klunks I could hear across the room. Zach was a greedy pig; if I was feeding the fish in the tank next to his, he'd loudly bang his nose on the glass to get my attention, 'Hey feed me too!' I used to feed Zach fresh shrimp by hand. One time, the shrimp was gone but I kept my fingers in the tank, messing with him a bit. I guess he didn't care to be teased because a few moments later he latched onto my finger and when I pulled back in surprise, he went flying about 6 feet across the room. He was fine once he got back in his home, and he never bit me again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HB Fisheye

HB Fisheye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are much better at names than me. I have a bunch of fish, some with names. My Vlamingii tang is named "Chilly" because his lips are blue. Then there's "Tidus the Midas". We had a starry blenny named "Purple guy". Not sure where that came from but it stuck (Wife). I'm working on a name for my magnificent foxface. Any suggestions?

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to name the Carpenters wrasse that is coming soon: festool.
Haha... I’m glad you went with Festool over Ryobi. ;)

I name all of the animals in my tank except the snails and the coral. :)

And when I say “I,” what I mean is that my kids usually do it for me. That’s why my Magnificent Foxface is named “Clocksy.” :D

@HB Fisheye, that wouldn’t be my first suggestion as a name for YOUR Foxface... fwiw. ;)

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns are Bonnie and Clyde, because they are gangsters. Maui is the golden dwarf moray, because hes from Hawaii and I like the Disney movie. Still coming up with a name for my flasher wrasse. Everything sentient in the tank should have a name. Well, not snails and hermits... pods... bristle worms...

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed I did. I nammed my two clownfish. The female is nammed Amelia Bedford Furthington Chesterhill, and the male is nammed James Fielding Wellingstonworth.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.8%
Back