Poor Crosshatch

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not downing your supplier at all. I remember reading your previous post that they were held up and just assumed he had them this whole time. Is the other one fine?

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not downing your supplier at all. I remember reading your previous post that they were held up and just assumed he had them this whole time. Is the other one fine?
I also got a blue throat and a Harley tusk. Both fine. But neither deep water. I don’t know what to think. I always like to think the best of people but just some atypical things .

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get him/her fixed up Doc!! I have no advice, just wanted to point out that I would think a swim bladder issue would show up sooner (again, assuming the supplier had this fish for a few months) rather than right now. Just something else for you to consider. I hope it pulls through, these fish are not common but are so very beautiful!

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get him/her fixed up Doc!! I have no advice, just wanted to point out that I would think a swim bladder issue would show up sooner (again, assuming the supplier had this fish for a few months) rather than right now. Just something else for you to consider. I hope it pulls through, these fish are not common but are so very beautiful!
Plan will be to do a needle decompression tonight!

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the needle and post procedure treatments, later when ready, giving the fish a 60 minute bath in methylene blue has had some very good results.
Best of luck with your fish. You've gotten some excellent advice.

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the needle and post procedure treatments, later when ready, giving the fish a 60 minute bath in methylene blue has had some very good results.
Best of luck with your fish. You've gotten some excellent advice.
Is Seachem Stress Guard essentially methylene blue?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Seachem Stress Guard essentially methylene blue?
Don't know. They won't tell anybody what its chemical composition is for some odd reason.

Did find this but it won't tell you the strength of dose of MB. Not all MBs are the same. I prefer to use the brand sold by AAP

Last edited:
OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Feet4Fish were you able to do the decompression last night?
I ends up not doing it as the seller asked me hold off and observe. He said if he did pass he would replace him. His policy Lee website is arrive alive and I found this generous. So I followed the seller’s directive but the crosshatch passed this afternoon.

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know. They won't tell anybody what its chemical composition is for some odd reason.

Did find this but it won't tell you the strength of dose of MB. Not all MBs are the same. I prefer to use the brand sold by AAP

I also like AAP for many things!

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the support and sympathy! He is one of my dream fish and it was heartbreaking to see. I have communicated with the seller today and he assured me he will source another male and QT him. He wants to only send this one through Delta Cargo. With such a high dollar fish and the fact that publicly he only advertises and arrive alive guarantee I am quite satisfied with his response.

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for your loss its so sad watching these animals be unwell and not be able to do anything. I'm glad the seller is taking care of you, I've never had personal experience and do try to think the best of others. it's sad when these things happen and make you wonder about someone that could have potentially been completely honest and doing the best on their end.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back