OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you would follow the steps in the link and actually stop the stray voltage in your tank. You're telling me you have stray voltage in two tanks and that you've replaced every single piece of electrical item in the tank that could produce stray voltage? Things don't add up here. I don't understand that post by JB NY and how it related to your tank. Are you thinking now that it's just that you need to switch to Triton to get magic results he got?

Tracking down the stray volt by turning off each piece of equipment until the "sting" is gone. Replacing the components that are faulty, I am not sure what else you are talking about as to following the steps. I don't trust voltmeters as saltwater is very good at carrying current and even when all equipment was unplugged I still found a positive reading. As far as JBNY's post my tank is three years old and I was relating it because as the tank matures bacteria or coral waste may be the cause for my Acropora only coral decline, Dendro's, Acan's, Blasto's, Lobo's, Chalices and Monti's are all unaffected.

August shot for reference
Aug%2B20%2B2017%2BFTS.jpg

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
considering everything looks good in your ICP test, I would also think it is the stray voltage as I have heard bad things about how that affects acros.

Your levels look good so that is what I would look at. There are plenty of tanks that are a lot older then 3 years that THRIVE with acros so I really do not think that is the issue. Is JBNY even still using triton? That post is over a year old now.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
considering everything looks good in your ICP test, I would also think it is the stray voltage as I have heard bad things about how that affects acros.

Your levels look good so that is what I would look at. There are plenty of tanks that are a lot older then 3 years that THRIVE with acros so I really do not think that is the issue. Is JBNY even still using triton? That post is over a year old now.

Last time, I checked he was.

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JBNY still uses triton.

I wouldn’t say his icp results looked fine either. He’s still getting tin readings. I noticed a decline in just my acros as well about a year ago and tin was the only thing in my triton test that wasn’t within the specified value. After correcting that to non detectable, things were back to looking good.

Another user on here noticed a decline in his acros with a reading of 3 ug/L , so until it’s undetectable, I wouldn’t rule Tin out as the possible cause.

There are a few more threads if you search hard enough where everything is perfect except tin levels being detectable and they complain about sps random rtn and stn.

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 160 gallon just to compare water chemistry to my 120. The colors and growth are better in the 160 but from the results the 160 does not have ideal water chemistry either.
Screen%2BShot%2B2017-10-10%2Bat%2B9.03.41%2BAM.png

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-10-10%2Bat%2B9.04.02%2BAM.png

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-10-10%2Bat%2B9.04.15%2BAM.png

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the system doing now?

EJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using ESV salt since 2014. I've never switched. I've never had any issues either other than it's a tad more expensive

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back