Pop Bloom assistance

Sherril

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me. Please forgive me if names or terms are incorrect.
I bought a Turing 75 Pop Bloom light. Designed for 3-4 foot tanks. One long light system. 4 channels for light.
It has preset programs that 'should' mimic the seasons and days/nights. I can also set it manually.
During the day it is at times showing 100% of bright white light as well as lower values for the other channels. My corals are hating it. After just 3 days my green morphs have taken off at a great rate heading for the shade. The blasto is sulking and refusing to show it's lovely faces. Even the every happy cat is not impressed.
I don't want to burn the poor darlings. I have tried all the presets but even the algae reducer preset seems to me to be far too white and bright.
The instructions are a tad tricky to understand manually programing it but given I have no idea what values I should input doesn't help.
If anyone is familar with these lights I would love a bit of knowledge please. Is there a way to alter the preset values? Do I need to program the entire thing myself? If so do you know the values and step up/down times? I am sure that they will depend on tank contents just to make it trickier?
Light is positioned 30cm above the water level. Water depth is 42cm. Tank is 3 foot with a variety of corals, 2 starfish, 1 blenny, 1 clown fish and a few shell fish for cleaning up.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer with the question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

ikaros70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you got this figured out but white channel at 100% is probably cooking everything.
I don’t have the popbloom lights but my Viparspectra white channel is only set to 1% and that is plenty of par for my tank and I have a deep tank. My 210 is 29” deep.
My blue channel is proving most of my par requirements, I only use white channel for mid day full sun simulation.
You need a par meter to set led lights, no way around it. Eye balling it will likely just burn up your corals. Turn your white channel way down.

Josh Will

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fast way is set the limited output for 4 channels, channel 1 (white channel) around 40%.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back