Poret foam

Duane Fagan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not used much in sumps but for the heck of it could someone tell me what ppi would equal x micron? For example 45ppi poret foam is the same as 50 micron filter sock...... That's just an example.......

OP
OP
Duane Fagan

Duane Fagan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 inch = 25,000 micron
so if you have 45 pores in an inch, each pore is 25,000/45 microns = 500 microns
Thanks so basically poret foam isn't that effective? I read over and over and over and over that 45ppi will clog quickly that's why I thought it would be equal to at least a 100 micron filter sock

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so basically poret foam isn't that effective? I read over and over and over and over that 45ppi will clog quickly that's why I thought it would be equal to at least a 100 micron filter sock

I can't say if it's not effective (or not) just based on pore size definitively, but I would lean towards "it's effective"
things catch things... it just won't catch the tiniest of things

OP
OP
Duane Fagan

Duane Fagan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say if it's not effective (or not) just based on pore size definitively, but I would lean towards "it's effective"
things catch things... it just won't catch the tiniest of things
True indeed it will catch particles out of the water column but probably won't polish it up that much

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back