Positioning of Gyre Pumpa

EAZi_Coral

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2019
Messages
11
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a 130g tank, dimensions are 130cmx55cmx55cm. It's going to be an sps dominant tank, I have 2x jaebo gyre pumps, and recently acuires 2x XF350 gyre pumps. I want to make use of all 4 pumps in the tank. I needed some help with positioning the gyres so that I have good turbulence all around the tank, any help would be appreciated.
Photo of tank for illustration.

PXL_20220702_111759094.jpg PXL_20220701_150817310.jpg
 
I have 4 in my 160-gallon: 2 on either side facing inwards and 2 on either side of the overflow facing forward.
Would love to see a photo/video of your setup if possible please.
 
Red Sea ReefWave45s on the sides (20-60% random; 8min forward, 2min reverse) and a pair of Maxspect XF330s on either side of the overflow (20% forward).

85A65A93-CF86-40EF-9EE8-FB7019E0DA59.jpeg
Wow beautiful tank, any reason for the 2min reverse!? I tried reverse in my tank once and it disturbed the sand under the pumps. I'll try your positioning, and will play with the schedule. Thanks for sharing.
 
Wow beautiful tank, any reason for the 2min reverse!? I tried reverse in my tank once and it disturbed the sand under the pumps. I'll try your positioning, and will play with the schedule. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Mainly just to mix things up a bit and vary the flow. In all my wave modes the reverse speed is always about half, ie: 60% forward for 8min and 30% reverse for 2min.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new