Possible Brown Jelly?

encarr595

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2019
Messages
7
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3AF756C5-5EBD-4A0F-8A73-1F2B00DF2F2C.jpeg


I just got this torch yesterday, it opened up within an hour and was looking really good. Towards the night it started inflating in a way and when I woke up this is what it looked like. I also got a hammer as well and it looks perfectly fine. These are my first euphyllia so don’t really know what to look for as far as behavior good or bad. Does this look the beginning of BJD? Or am I just over reacting?

alk 7
Cal 430
Mag getting test kit
Phos.05
Nitrate 1
Sg 1.025
Temp 77.5
 
Hard to tell from the picture, does it have any brown gelatinous substance on it?
 
It may have come from a higher than 7 alk system and is p1$$ed off. I manually dose and if I slip and miss a day my lps are the first to let me know my numbers are down.
 
Hard to tell from the picture, does it have any brown gelatinous substance on it?
I can get another one here in a bit, sorry I didn’t realize it was sideways. But no it doesn’t seem to, it’s just puffy and inflated near the mouth and the tentacles are puffed up near the base
 
96C99A13-6DBE-449B-B84A-52A844B08046.jpeg

Moved it to a different flow spot and we’re back in business! Sorry for my dirty butt glass lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new