Possible Ich/velvet what should I do?

AverageGamer19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone recently I went down to the lfs and picked up a powder blue and a tomini tangs. I temp acclimated for about 15 minutes or so let them drip get use to all the water parameters got them all settled in for the night. Lights off didn’t think anything of it and went to bed. Went to work the following day and when I came home and in the room to feed everyone the tomini was toast and the powder blue seemed to be doing okay but wasn’t interested in food. Also want to add in I have a purple tang so I figure he was going to bully a fair bit being the biggest in the tank. Fast forward a few days powder blue still isn’t really interested in eating and I noticed some white spots on my purple tang and the powder blue but purple was doing good eating like a pig still but somehwhat slow with his behaviors. Following day after or current day I come home and notice the powder blue has a lot more dots and his side seems to have a white strip in his body almost like a tiger strip going up. Need help identifying what it is and what treatment I can do to hopefully keep these guys going strong. Have my old 30 gallon breeder from recent tank upgrade I can use as a qt/hospital tank but never have got into that process that. Tia love you all <3

image.jpg

Attachments

• 70605665140__56D7E0B9-2075-4405-94FC-6B43B3A0F9D0.MOV
    1.8 MB

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you add the video as a YouTube link?
The telltale sign of velvet is a very high respiration rate as well as swimming into the flow - the white spots often don’t show until it is much to late to save the fish.
The fish looks thin in the pic, but otherwise I can’t make out much. About how large are the spots? Are they localized in any particular area or spread out? Are they diffuse or do they look like grains of salt?
Polyp lab medic is hydrogen peroxide and the dose required to be reef safe is ineffective against just about all marine diseases (notably ich and velvet).

Back