Possible Swim Bladder

mikmarie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to saltwater and recently added two clownfish after cycling my tank for a few months. All levels were normal when I added them, and they’ve been eating well. Before tonight, this fish was swimming normally and breathing normally. Now, it’s at the bottom of the tank and breathing rapidly. Is this swim bladder? If so, how do I treat without peas? It’s 6 in the morning and I won’t be able to get any until later and don’t want it to die before then.

Attachments

• 64976450920__E7032A06-0A09-4C4E-875E-B992DCB582B7.MOV
    402.2 KB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to saltwater and recently added two clownfish after cycling my tank for a few months. All levels were normal when I added them, and they’ve been eating well. Before tonight, this fish was swimming normally and breathing normally. Now, it’s at the bottom of the tank and breathing rapidly. Is this swim bladder? If so, how do I treat without peas? It’s 6 in the morning and I won’t be able to get any until later and don’t want it to die before then.
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

That isn’t a swim bladder issue, that fish is moribund/dying. Time for damage control to make sure your other fish are ok. Take a look at the top of this section for a post about tips and hints about posting a disease issue here. Answer as many of the questions as you can about your tank.
Thanks,
Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back