Possibly ich??

A Wooly

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, is this ich?

my hippo tang seems well and normal. Eating well, no unusual behaviour etc

it has been in my tank for over 9 months now.

I can’t see any spots on any other fish. Everyone else seems fine.

I have a QT tank I can get up and running if needed.

if this is ich can someone point me to a step by step guide on how to deal with it.

I have snails, crabs, conches, starfish corals etc in my tank.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

FB580422-2581-4E4B-8F1F-53B146C498E2.png
 
hi,please read jays sticky at top of this forum,give a little more info and then call him to post :) best wishes
 
Okay, this is definitely ich. I would recommend putting this tang into quarantine ASAP. I recommend buying some cupramine off of Amazon.com. This stuff has worked for me in the past. I will leave the link in here too. I hope that this works out for you my friend. Happy reefin!

Amazon product ASIN B00025K0QC
 
Hippos the ich magnets. You might want to set up a qt for all the fish. And fallow the display.
 
Hi, is this ich?

my hippo tang seems well and normal. Eating well, no unusual behaviour etc

it has been in my tank for over 9 months now.

I can’t see any spots on any other fish. Everyone else seems fine.

I have a QT tank I can get up and running if needed.

if this is ich can someone point me to a step by step guide on how to deal with it.

I have snails, crabs, conches, starfish corals etc in my tank.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

FB580422-2581-4E4B-8F1F-53B146C498E2.png
Hi Wooly, how did it go for you... my hippo is having ich as well... what worked for you? Unfortunately, I don't have a QT :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new