Potential grouping fish

Daniel225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve got chromis in and they have wiped them selves out basically from a group of 6 i love the colours and behaviour they have but can never keep them in a group i want something to replace them but not sure what looked at banggai cardinals but you can’t keep them in groups as They will pick each other off like chromis if they pair up damsels are stunning colours and my lfs has some lovely Roland damsels but again damsels are know for being aggressive so I wouldn’t even want to risk that what’s left for a small reef safe grouping/schooling fish?

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve got chromis in and they have wiped them selves out basically from a group of 6 i love the colours and behaviour they have but can never keep them in a group i want something to replace them but not sure what looked at banggai cardinals but you can’t keep them in groups as They will pick each other off like chromis if they pair up damsels are stunning colours and my lfs has some lovely Roland damsels but again damsels are know for being aggressive so I wouldn’t even want to risk that what’s left for a small reef safe grouping/schooling fish?
How big is your tank?

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank is big enough. Anthias. It's easy to tell male/female. One male to 2-3 females works good.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as others noted, anthias are one of the main schooling fish for marine aquariums - and will need a large aquarium for a school to be comfortable.

In terms of smaller aquariums, there aren't really many (if any?) options besides maybe a mated pair of clowns/gobies/etc.

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as others noted, anthias are one of the main schooling fish for marine aquariums - and will need a large aquarium for a school to be comfortable.

In terms of smaller aquariums, there aren't really many (if any?) options besides maybe a mated pair of clowns/gobies/etc.
You could put 4-6 scissortail dartfish in a 40+ gallon

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back