Powder brown picking at gsp

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas why my powder brown tang is nipping at my gsp? He’s been doing it for a few days now that I have noticed. My gsp has been closed up for over a week and now I know why.

There’s little fluorescent green specks all over my rock work now, and I think he’s been doing it for a while.

I feed meat 2x day and nori on a clip every morning.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas why my powder brown tang is nipping at my gsp? He’s been doing it for a few days now that I have noticed. My gsp has been closed up for over a week and now I know why.

There’s little fluorescent green specks all over my rock work now, and I think he’s been doing it for a while.

I feed meat 2x day and nori on a clip every morning.
Some tangs just aren’t reef safe. Personally I wouldn’t complain if he eats your GSP, they can turn into weeds over time.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont you mow your grass? He’s doing the same

grass dancing GIF

OP
OP
konatown

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some tangs just aren’t reef safe. Personally I wouldn’t complain if he eats your GSP, they can turn into weeds over time.
Lol. I have my gsp on an island and I actually love this coral. Now half of it is not extending
Dont you mow your grass? He’s doing the same

grass dancing GIF
Lol. I’m just surprised to see a tang nipping corals, I hadn’t seen that before

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol. I have my gsp on an island and I actually love this coral. Now half of it is not extending

Sorry, had a powder blue who shredded all of my goniopora. Grab a bite and spit it out. Maybe the powder tangs need a lot, I mean hundreds of lbs of live rock to happily graze?

OP
OP
konatown

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, had a powder blue who shredded all of my goniopora. Grab a bite and spit it out. Maybe the powder tangs need a lot, I mean hundreds of lbs of live rock to happily graze?
I think so. I have a goni that’s pretty new and not doing well. And now that I see him eating the gsp I’ve been wondering if he’s been messing with the Goni frag.
And yep, bites and spits out the gsp. No idea why. All he does all day long is graze the rocks, so yes I’m sure he just needs much more rock to graze on

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My sailfin plucked at a paly last week aggressively. I was surprised. One time event. I've never had a brown in a reef tank but maybe he'll give up. Good luck.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think so. I have a goni that’s pretty new and not doing well. And now that I see him eating the gsp I’ve been wondering if he’s been messing with the Goni frag.
And yep, bites and spits out the gsp. No idea why. All he does all day long is graze the rocks, so yes I’m sure he just needs much more rock to graze on
I had 75lb of rock. My pbt never stopped grazing. Fed 5x a day. Lots of nori. Eventually, just went after my gonis.

1 ounce if nori a week. All the fresh grape algae he wanted. Only stopped grazing when lights were out.

OP
OP
konatown

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sailfin plucked at a paly last week aggressively. I was surprised. One time event. I've never had a brown in a reef tank but maybe he'll give up. Good luck.
I was surprised to see it also!
I had 75lb of rock. My pbt never stopped grazing. Fed 5x a day. Lots of nori. Eventually, just went after my gonis.

1 ounce if nori a week. All the fresh grape algae he wanted. Only stopped grazing when lights were out.
Same here and we feed like crazy. He’s gone be a big boy lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back