Powder Brown tang

ravalos2282

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed this on my powder brown tang this morning. He’s on a Qt on its second week.
I did a FW Dip one e I noticed it.

Qt
77 temp
2.5 copper power
General Cure

IMG_7328.jpeg IMG_7330.jpeg IMG_7332.jpeg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
An arrow pointing to the area you're concerned about would help. Is it the wound (that will likely heal) in the middle of the body - or something else? There are also some non-specific darker spots - that may be turbellarians? The gill area looks extremely odd to me - and perhaps thats what you're talking about?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I noticed this on my powder brown tang this morning. He’s on a Qt on its second week.
I did a FW Dip one e I noticed it.

Qt
77 temp
2.5 copper power
General Cure

IMG_7328.jpeg IMG_7330.jpeg IMG_7332.jpeg
this is likely an injury or puncture wound from either a fish or object in the tank. These fish spook easily and likely bumped an object

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you see this before or after the FW? I would not dip it again - that entails some risk, and general cure and copper cover things better.
Those gills do look funky, not sure what’s going on there.

Jay

OP
OP
ravalos2282

ravalos2282

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you see this before or after the FW? I would not dip it again - that entails some risk, and general cure and copper cover things better.
Those gills do look funky, not sure what’s going on there.

Jay
Before. That’s why I did the FW.
this is likely an injury or puncture wound from either a fish or object in the tank. These fish spook easily and likely bumped an object
thank you

OP
OP
ravalos2282

ravalos2282

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An arrow pointing to the area you're concerned about would help. Is it the wound (that will likely heal) in the middle of the body - or something else? There are also some non-specific darker spots - that may be turbellarians? The gill area looks extremely odd to me - and perhaps thats what you're talking about?
Sorry, I was talking about spot on the body. The wound. I took the picture when I was doing the FW dip that’s why the gills were like that.

Thank you

OP
OP
ravalos2282

ravalos2282

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think he might have turbellarians? I

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I dont- there will be many black dots rather than one circle with turbellians AKA black ich.
You should see the same one dot and signs of healing daily.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi - no- not really, I just meant that if it was the smaller black spots (which are minimal) - that you were looking at, that turbellarians could be the cause

Weeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish has an open wound, copper would cause an irritation. I would let the fish cure the wound first, then continue on with Chemoprophylaxis.

Help the fish by improving its immunity and ability to heal wounds by adding supplements for an ill fish to its diet as recommended in the Fish Health Rough Proper Nutrition post. Use especially Beta-1,3/1,6-D-Glucan.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 63 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back