Power outage

fishmaster818

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
932
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow its likely that im going to lose power. I forgot all about buying battery powered pumps what should i do to make sure everything is okay.
 
Well I have never been in one before so I don't know a lot about it. To keep your water temp up wrap the tank it blankets. This will hold the heat in longer. If this still doesn't keep the tank up to the desired temp. You could heat water and place it in bags and let the heat transfer from the warm water to the tank water. Heat energy flows from the warmer object to the cooler so you might need a lot of warm water to accomplish this. Skimmer will be fine off, same with reactors. Just feed light. You need something to keep the water oxygenated. It would be nice to have a generator to keep your powerheads on, but if you can't you might have to stir the water and let some oxygen get in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new