Powerhead for Waterbox 35.1

  • Thread starter Thread starter kraken14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kraken14

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2018
Messages
102
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a powerhead for my recently set up Waterbox 35.1. It is an 18 inch cube aquarium. I am stuck between an MP10 or a Nero 3. I know either would work for a tank of this size, and I can't decide which to go with. I am using a gen 5 Radion for lighting, so an MP10 would be nice from a simplicity of control perspective, but spending 349 on a pump is hard to justify. Is there a big enough advantage to the MP10 compared to the Nero to justify this difference? Also open to other options, I just want something controllable and relatively compact.
 
I would go with the AI Nero 3, just like the overall design and ease of use of the neros.

Plus if you really want to you can control neros with the mobius app where you have the radions
 
I would suggest taking a look into Jebao powerheads. They are great and reliable powerheads (powerheads & gyres) for under $100 for most of their powerhead lineup. I’m currently using two Jebao SCP70 on my 40b sps only tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new