Prazipro water changing?

stunnaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been treating my 60 gal with prazipro , im on the 5 day mark (out of said 7) and i did a water change, is it necessary to retreat the water with prazipro oncemore? If so how much should i add? I also read that doing a 14 day treatment with another waterchange is necessary…. but basic prazipro info says 7 only. Any thoughts? Thanks

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you absolutely must do the second dose.... and I'd even think about doing a third and fourth too.

You can use the below page to determine when to give the second dose.
plug in your tank's temperature and it will tell you how many days after the first dose, to dose the second dose.

Its typically 7-9 days after the first dose, depending on temperature.

Marine Parasite Calendar

I typically will do 3 or 4 prazi treatments over the course of giving my fish a 30 day copper QT.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have been treating my 60 gal with prazipro , im on the 5 day mark (out of said 7) and i did a water change, is it necessary to retreat the water with prazipro oncemore? If so how much should i add? I also read that doing a 14 day treatment with another waterchange is necessary…. but basic prazipro info says 7 only. Any thoughts? Thanks
One more full treatment followed by final water change

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

stunnaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
q
Yes, you absolutely must do the second dose.... and I'd even think about doing a third and fourth too.

You can use the below page to determine when to give the second dose.
plug in your tank's temperature and it will tell you how many days after the first dose, to dose the second dose.

Its typically 7-9 days after the first dose, depending on temperature.

Marine Parasite Calendar

I typically will do 3 or 4 prazi treatments over the course of giving my fish a 30 day copper QT.
So i should wait another 7 days after the initial 7 day treatment? I.e. 7 days prazipro 7 days no prazipro then start 7 day treatment again?

Upvote 0

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
q

So i should wait another 7 days after the initial 7 day treatment? I.e. 7 days prazipro 7 days no prazipro then start 7 day treatment again?
Day 1 dose prazipro
Day 10 dose prazipro (9 days later)
Day 19 dose prazipro (9 days later)
etc..

You can do a water change at any point if the water begins to cloud, if not, then just do water changes to keep ammonia in check.

prazipro really only needs about 24 hours to work, after being dosed. So once you dose it, don't do any water changes for the first 24 hours.

Upvote 0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back