Predator zoa

Carson789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I was hoping to get some info on a new zoa morph I got recently. It was from a store near me (aquarium design group in houston) I purchased the zoa thinking it was a thermosphere but have since learned it is a new morph to the hobby known as a Predator zoa. I know it's a long shot considering it's a new morph and all but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Predator zoas. It's doing good in my zoa garden and I'm assuming it will have the same requirements as any other zoa but what I wanted to know is if anyone had experience with it morphing in their tanks and possible growth rates. Also if anybody has any idea what it would be worth that would be nice too. I've only seen one website selling it (nyra) and only seen one sell on r2r in a pack with a gmk for $450. I've seen gmk sell on here for around 150 to 200 so I figured minus shipping the predator would be like 200 to 250pp but like I said there's only been one sold so idk. I'll include the picture of the colony and my polyp in my tank, my picture isn't the greatest it's taken with my phone but you can see the colors really well in the colony shot.
Resizer_16186240139140.jpeg

20210417_034439.jpg

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neat looking morph similar to a hallucination but different colored skirt and internal patterning... in my opinion price comes from rarity and how hardy they are to cultivate... as there aren’t many in circulation it’s def rare at the moment...

Is it a fast or a slow grower ? Slower growers and prone to melting would make it a decent amount more expensive and vice versa it should me cheaper in my opinion... neat morph !

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a frag if you **** and are ever selling lol of course take your time to figure out a price that you’re comfortable with !

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its worth what someones will to pay.
Lol. Look at some vendors. You think they charge that much cuz no one buys? Me personally wouldnt pay over $100 for a single zoa but thats me. Nice coral and good luck. Hope you find the info your looking for.
D

OP
OP
Carson789

Carson789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its worth what someones will to pay.
Lol. Look at some vendors. You think they charge that much cuz no one buys? Me personally wouldnt pay over $100 for a single zoa but thats me. Nice coral and good luck. Hope you find the info your looking for.
D
Yeah I've talked to a few people when I was finding out what kind of zoa it is. Nobody seems to know anything about morphing or growth rates yet I just figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Apparently there was an import about a month ago from Indonesia that had some in it and they went to some stores around the US Apparently one of them being my lfs. But as far as I know that's all we got and there hasn't been any more in recent imports. So Nobody really knows how rare they are yet if no more come in and thats all we get then they would be super rare but there's also a chance they find a bunch more. So the price I'm expecting to either go way up or drop down in the next few months depending on what happens with the imports. Either way I got a good deal so I'm not too worried. It's got good colors so I can't really see it dropping below like 50pp and I'd be happy with that. But I wouldn't be mad if it ends up being a hot new zoa lol

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rare does not mean expensive imo.
D
Unfortunately rare and good coloring demand higher prices and if it has a name and all that it’s even more.... I like it in a way because it means I have something unique but I agree with you that 100$ should be like a cap on stuff... that’s the reason I don’t have a GMK yet I’ve managed to find many many high end zoas from others for less than 150$ which is great that’s why I love shopping on the forum lol

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least I think it's got good colors lol
They’re awesome zoas name or not I’m interested in them because it’s a unique color I don’t have I could care less about names now I’ve gotten to that point hahahg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back