Pregnant dwarfs

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two pregnant Dwarves and both of them For the last almost 4 days have been showing clear signs of labor and neither one of them are pumping at all. One of them started to about two days ago but then hasn’t done it again since and they’re clearly feeling the labor pain. is it something I should be worried about ?what’s going on?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are they doing today? What are they being fed? Howa re the tank parameters/when was the last time you did a water change?

OP
OP
I

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are they doing today? What are they being fed? Howa re the tank parameters/when was the last time you did a water change?
They are being fed live baby brine shrimp parameters are normal except nitrites are a little high. I’ve been doing water changes every other day to get rid of it and it won’t go down at all. The ponies are still in labor. I know they definitely shouldn’t still be it’s been way too long I don’t know what to do

Daniel266jz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had two different batches of babies in the last 4 months. I had one male hold the eggs in for a month so I wouldn't get too worried just yet. I have had small amount of fry so far have been 5 last time and 4 just yesterday. One thing i noticed is that only the stronger more alert ones survive, Ive had some that have stayed very small and they ended up passing. I don't think it was competition for the food because i feed thousands of fresh brine everyday twice a day, I mean the tank looks like a snow globe. I just think that some are born weak, i had two survive my first batch of fry and they are the two that grew the fastest. Just make sure to have lots of brine in hand.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back