Pretty sure I know what this is.

Sideshowbob

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
22
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pistol shrimp right?
It's definitly pretty reactive and came in on a frag I picked up from one my lfs's.
Question is I've heard they can Crack glass, my take is acrylic Has anyone ever run into problems with these guys?
20170219_124436.jpg
20170219_124425.jpg
 
Yup it's a pistol. No, he can't break glass. I would pop him right on in the tank. I had one for years I never saw, but only heard.
 
Appreciate the confirmation.
 
Mine sounded like a glass heater hitting off the side of the glass tank. He would start to snap a lot during feeding time. I enjoyed knowing he was in there.
 
I have pistols in two of my tanks and they are a fun addition to your reef!

No worries about cracking glass, but they dig and burrow in the sand under your Aquascape so make sure your structure is stable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new