Wave maker for a 10 gallon tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter mfinn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
14,383
Reaction score
11,379
Location
Olympia, WA.
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I am looking for a magnet mount wave maker for a 10 gallon tank.
I want it to be able to give a wide gentle flow for euphyllia.
I'm moving all my euphyllia from my 66 into this 10 gallon tank.
I usually use 2 per tank, but this is so small I'm hoping to use just 1
 
Nero 3 would fit and be plenty of flow if you want variability. If you want old school, something like a Koralia nano should be plenty. A 10g is even in the realm of a cheap submersible pump with a spreader head.
 
This is a temp holding tank so I was hoping ( and may have found ) for something at about 15% of the asking price for the MP10's
 
This tank hopefully won't be set up for longer that 1-2 months.
 
Nero 3 would fit and be plenty of flow if you want variability. If you want old school, something like a Koralia nano should be plenty. A 10g is even in the realm of a cheap submersible pump with a spreader head.
Not sure if the Nero 3 pulsates
 
sicce voyager nano's put out a wide gentle flow, I use it in my 15 gallon
Yeah the 2000 model might be a great option for about $50.
Something I could use for a couple months and then not feel bad putting it on the shelf for the next.
 
Last edited:
Not sure if the Nero 3 pulsates
Not sure what you mean by pulsate, but it's fully programmable. May not do very short pulses, but slower, variable pulses is what I have mine set to.

If you're looking for generating a standing wave, i'm not sure if the settings allow for it, but that at least didn't appear to be a requirement for the OP.
 
Hygger crossflow 12 watt is what I use in my 13g. Plenty of flow with a decent controller.
20260216_120416.jpg
 
Had a Hygger mini wavemaker in my 18 gallon tank. Was happy with it for the 2 years the tank was Running. Plenty of flow options. But I am not sure I can judge wide or straight flow, as it was the only powerhead I head until the Tunze now.
 
I am looking for a magnet mount wave maker for a 10 gallon tank.
I want it to be able to give a wide gentle flow for euphyllia.
I'm moving all my euphyllia from my 66 into this 10 gallon tank.
I usually use 2 per tank, but this is so small I'm hoping to use just 1
hygger makes some cheap small ones
hygger mini wavemaker
 
Hygger crossflow 12 watt is what I use in my 13g. Plenty of flow with a decent controller.
20260216_120416.jpg
+1 on the hygger. I use the same on my 10 gallon and it's perfect. It has a few different settings for flow, and it's super affordable vs the mp10 and Nero 3, both which are overkill in my opinion



17909882324394461649986812027910.jpg
 
This Hygger mini is under $50 and had a 15% off coupon right now at Amazon - I have one in my tank and have been happy with it.

https://a.co/d/019SfFss
I bought a different one, but just tested it out and I think it will be lacking. So I picked up this one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new