Pro Star Rimless 200

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looking at getting this tank next year! Very cool & thank you for all of your info

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here to help. If you have any questions feel free to reach out.
As a general update, I've had no issues other than ones mentioned and they aren't deal breakers. I'm actually considering a second tank from the same manufacturer.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Recent update

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to update... I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving
Here are few pics of what’s happening in the quarantine tank

Attachments

• 2F888D90-3938-4209-B0A1-839CC81B41AB.jpeg
    2F888D90-3938-4209-B0A1-839CC81B41AB.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 70
  • AC3E8E99-95C4-444D-B98D-253D8D37B444.jpeg
    AC3E8E99-95C4-444D-B98D-253D8D37B444.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 6A39921A-84B3-49C4-BE94-124A2B7D88C9.jpeg
    6A39921A-84B3-49C4-BE94-124A2B7D88C9.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 70

Two Tides Aquarium Supply

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mindme - Hey man, hope the 230 is coming along nicely. On your comment for the instructions, yes you're right, admittedly the old set of instructions that you received are a bit dated and not super helpful.

We just developed a new Setup and Assembly Guide not too long ago (it was a really big problem with the tanks), so wanted to send it over here. Initial setup is the single most important step (other than receiving from shipping) where things can go wrong with a large glass build, so want to make sure everyone moving forward knows exactly what to look for.

Here's a link to the guide, we hope it helps.

To the OP @flyfisher2, this build looks very promising, and really like the stand lighting. How are things build coming along? Would love to see some coral if there's any in yet

To Your Success

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for taking the time to add this very detailed setup guide to the thread.
I see that you as a seller have taken great interest in putting together a detailed instruction manual for this up and coming line of Aquariums. I do wish I had this manual handy when I first received my tank in early September and I'm confident the manufacturer will include a copy of your guide or a link to it for all future customers who like myself,have basically been winging it up to this point.
Two things come to mind that I would have liked to see addressed. No mention is made of uneven placement of tank on the stand and and if this is of any importance? I’m referring to the space seen in spots between tank and stand.
Also the issue with surface skimming and how to adjust without having to remove the silencer covers in order to effectively remove surface scum.

Hats off to Two Tides Aquarium for having taken the initiative and having produced a very detailed and helpful guide.
Thanks very much!

Attachments

• 6E7DD78B-AA03-4968-BE18-2CC58A889A47.jpeg
    6E7DD78B-AA03-4968-BE18-2CC58A889A47.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 63
  • 704B5782-54CA-4606-BB75-8069D88748D8.jpeg
    704B5782-54CA-4606-BB75-8069D88748D8.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 8180444A-02FE-4A84-A375-8E1CD61A9049.jpeg
    8180444A-02FE-4A84-A375-8E1CD61A9049.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 83E0ACE9-C114-44D8-B5A4-1A98F48AEE30.jpeg
    83E0ACE9-C114-44D8-B5A4-1A98F48AEE30.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that you as a seller have taken great interest in putting together a detailed instruction manual for this up and coming line of Aquariums. I do wish I had this manual handy when I first received my tank in early September and I'm confident the manufacturer will include a copy of your guide or a link to it for all future customers who like myself,have basically been winging it up to this point.
Two things come to mind that I would have liked to see addressed. No mention is made of uneven placement of tank on the stand and and if this is of any importance? I’m referring to the space seen in spots between tank and stand.
Also the issue with surface skimming and how to adjust without having to remove the silencer covers in order to effectively remove surface scum.

Hats off to Two Tides Aquarium for having taken the initiative and having produced a very detailed and helpful guide.
Thanks very much!

@flyfisher2 - You got it. Yes as soon as we got in touch with Pro Clear about their ProStar line, we immediately knew it was right in line with our mission...making the nicer end of the hobby more easily accessible to all skill levels and budgets, so that more people can be a part of this wonderful hobby (and not experience the failures or headaches all too common with lower end large capacity tank systems). And hopefully they will be a part of this forum as well haha. Pro Clear themselves is especially service-oriented much like we are, so we always try to help where we can for the many times they’ve helped us with learning about their aquarium line.

When we heard that there wasn’t much in the way of instructions for these tanks, we definitely pushed that idea. Nothing against Pro Clear in any way, but they’re main concern as of right now is keeping up with the demand for these tanks (which is insanely high right now) and helping service clients of theirs to make sure everybody wins. We kept pushing the instruction idea, and eventually talked to our rep and the owner over there to see if it would be okay for us to use our knowledge of the tanks to create a comprehensive guide on them. They agreed, so we did.

We’re very pleased it’s been helpful to you, and apologize we couldn’t get it out a few months ago where it would’ve been more useful lol. Also greatly appreciate the feedback, so if you or anyone else finds anything else that could use improvement, do let us know.

We’ll be revamping the instruction guide at the beginning of next year with some more photos and details, so we’ll definitely take both the tank leveling and surface skimming into account. I’ve honestly heard that leveling situation from a few people, and last I checked with Pro Clear I believe they said it was no big deal (there is a self-support frame inside the bottom tank trim that distributes the weight of the tank evenly). However, as with anything with leveling, it’s one of the most important aspects for tank safety and longevity, so I’ll give them an ask again. If anything else needs to be done with this situation, I will post an update here for people to see.

Thanks again @flyfisher2. Feedback from you guys is what keeps improving the ProStar line as well as our business as well, so keep it coming.

P.S. Tank is coming along very nicely with those new frags! Interested to see how everything grows out

To Your Success

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@flyfisher2 - You got it. Yes as soon as we got in touch with Pro Clear about their ProStar line, we immediately knew it was right in line with our mission...making the nicer end of the hobby more easily accessible to all skill levels and budgets, so that more people can be a part of this wonderful hobby (and not experience the failures or headaches all too common with lower end large capacity tank systems). And hopefully they will be a part of this forum as well haha. Pro Clear themselves is especially service-oriented much like we are, so we always try to help where we can for the many times they’ve helped us with learning about their aquarium line.

When we heard that there wasn’t much in the way of instructions for these tanks, we definitely pushed that idea. Nothing against Pro Clear in any way, but they’re main concern as of right now is keeping up with the demand for these tanks (which is insanely high right now) and helping service clients of theirs to make sure everybody wins. We kept pushing the instruction idea, and eventually talked to our rep and the owner over there to see if it would be okay for us to use our knowledge of the tanks to create a comprehensive guide on them. They agreed, so we did.

We’re very pleased it’s been helpful to you, and apologize we couldn’t get it out a few months ago where it would’ve been more useful lol. Also greatly appreciate the feedback, so if you or anyone else finds anything else that could use improvement, do let us know.

We’ll be revamping the instruction guide at the beginning of next year with some more photos and details, so we’ll definitely take both the tank leveling and surface skimming into account. I’ve honestly heard that leveling situation from a few people, and last I checked with Pro Clear I believe they said it was no big deal (there is a self-support frame inside the bottom tank trim that distributes the weight of the tank evenly). However, as with anything with leveling, it’s one of the most important aspects for tank safety and longevity, so I’ll give them an ask again. If anything else needs to be done with this situation, I will post an update here for people to see.

Thanks again @flyfisher2. Feedback from you guys is what keeps improving the ProStar line as well as our business as well, so keep it coming.

P.S. Tank is coming along very nicely with those new frags! Interested to see how everything grows out

To Your Succes

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again my sincerest thanks. I did have the opportunity to speak to their product manager and the owner directly and in both cases came away feeling well attended. As it stands I'm trying to convince my better half we need a peninsula but I need to do some more convincing. LOL
I'm somewhat relieved to know about the the self support frame as this did have me somewhat concerned. As consumers we expect everything to be perfect and just work. Rarely do you hear from us unless we have something to complain about. I think that the greatest endorsement is a repeat customer and in all honesty if and when it becomes possible for that peninsula, based on my overall experience with the 200, The Prostar 230 will be the first system I look to.
Please do share whatever info you should come across regarding the surface skimming issue.

Shorebreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran into something similar, not to this extent with my 230 V2. When Ieveled the legs, (extended them up), the gap disappeared. It is not impossible to turn adjustable legs up, just time consuming. I had to make this, worked well. My floor was a little uneven from a less than perfect tile install. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 20201206_125354.jpg
    20201206_125354.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 56

Shorebreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not working for me. Tried pumps and adjusting output from return pump
1650A165-4BE0-4F46-A280-3AA30FA5E39D.jpeg
FCE1E465-5796-4A29-86CD-739B8D2CEBC8.jpeg
I have noticed the same thing, and speeding up the pump didn't help. When I remove the cap, it goes away within minutes. My guess is the cap stops the flow of the top water boundary layer, so the stuff sits. With cap in place it has to go under which is difficult with the water velocity, seems like it would take a lot movement as the cap has a big overlap under the water in my setup. It is dead quiet when on though. I just take it off when I feed, the nput it back, no big deal for me.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed the same thing, and speeding up the pump didn't help. When I remove the cap, it goes away within minutes. My guess is the cap stops the flow of the top water boundary layer, so the stuff sits. With cap in place it has to go under which is difficult with the water velocity, seems like it would take a lot movement as the cap has a big overlap under the water in my setup. It is dead quiet when on though. I just take it off when I feed, the nput it back, no big deal for me.
Seems like

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could use some input... I just tested my parameters and everything appears ok except Phosphate.
It’s been holding at 1.03-1.04 for a few weeks
Since yesterday it’s 0. Yes I confirmed with Salifert, Red Sea and three times with Hanna UL range phosphorus. 0
I’m thinking a couple corals don’t look as happy as they did but that could very well be my imagination
In any case tank shows growth and tons of Coraline. I shut off GFO today and have carbon running
Nitrates at 2.0
Salinity 0.025
Calcium 440
Alk 8.0
Mag 470
PH 8.0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @flyfisher2, enjoyed our conversation today with the guys at Pro Clear, and we deeply appreciate all your many points of feedback for the ProStar tanks. Everything was received positively and in good light, cause it's notes like this that inspire us to continue improving, fine tune, and innovate these tanks to make the experience of this hobby better and better for all of us. We also want to encourage if others here have any recommendations to send them our way and tag us so we can talk about it.

Regarding what we were talking about last week, we wanted to post here for an update on the surface skimming situation with the ProStars. During our conversation with flyfisher2 today, we discovered what he was talking about and concluded that there is definitely room for improvement with the Drain Silencer Caps for surface skimming capacity.

I talked with Pro Clear's VP of Sales about it, and we are both going to do some R+D on this part over the next few days / weeks to see the best way to improve this. We believe it will be an easy fix (either raise up the cap slightly with a 1/4" acrylic ring to raise the inlet teeth, or design the cap with slightly higher teeth).

I'll post here once we find a workaround that will be universal and help everyone. Thanks again for the feedback brother and talk again soon

To Your Success

JayPnoy12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks very much!
@flyfisher2

Nice set-up on the Pro clear Aquarium. Thank you for sharing those picture. This will be give an idea about this. I like how you set-up as bare bottom. This will give you a lot of option as far as flow. How is the bare bottom? Are you have issue with ugly algae growing at the bottom?

Always,

Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back