flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@flyfisher2

Nice set-up on the Pro clear Aquarium. Thank you for sharing those picture. This will be give an idea about this. I like how you set-up as bare bottom. This will give you a lot of option as far as flow. How is the bare bottom? Are you have issue with ugly algae growing at the bottom?

Always,

Jay
Hey Jay, thanks for the compliments. I love bare bottom. Seems like less maintenance and the parameters maintain. At least in my case. No major issues with algae. The tangs are always finding something to pick at but I', mot physically seeing any strands or growth since my hair algae stage a couple months ago.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @flyfisher2, enjoyed our conversation today with the guys at Pro Clear, and we deeply appreciate all your many points of feedback for the ProStar tanks. Everything was received positively and in good light, cause it's notes like this that inspire us to continue improving, fine tune, and innovate these tanks to make the experience of this hobby better and better for all of us. We also want to encourage if others here have any recommendations to send them our way and tag us so we can talk about it.

Regarding what we were talking about last week, we wanted to post here for an update on the surface skimming situation with the ProStars. During our conversation with flyfisher2 today, we discovered what he was talking about and concluded that there is definitely room for improvement with the Drain Silencer Caps for surface skimming capacity.

I talked with Pro Clear's VP of Sales about it, and we are both going to do some R+D on this part over the next few days / weeks to see the best way to improve this. We believe it will be an easy fix (either raise up the cap slightly with a 1/4" acrylic ring to raise the inlet teeth, or design the cap with slightly higher teeth).

I'll post here once we find a workaround that will be universal and help everyone. Thanks again for the feedback brother and talk again soon

To Your Success
Thanks for taking the time to chat. It says a lot when your side of the business takes the time to listen to the hobbyist in order to better serve our needs and ultimately improve a product line. I'm looking forward to the upgrades we discussed. Talk soon.

JayPnoy12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jay, thanks for the compliments. I love bare bottom. Seems like less maintenance and the parameters maintain. At least in my case. No major issues with algae. The tangs are always finding something to pick at but I', mot physically seeing any strands or growth since my hair algae stage a couple months ago.
Yes, I like how it less maintenance. You can actually detritus and no need to vacuum the sand. The downside of the bare bottom is it might not look good compare to with the sand. Good luck and looking forward your progress and coral growth.

One thing I forgot to mention is glad you quarantine your fish before adding to your DT cause I seem a lot of people in this hobby when they set-up a brand new reef tank they seem to get at least 60% fish are dying due to disease. I will do the same thing when I set-up my Mix Reef Tank.

Always,

Jay

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@flyfisher2

Nice set-up on the Pro clear Aquarium. Thank you for sharing those picture. This will be give an idea about this. I like how you set-up as bare bottom. This will give you a lot of option as far as flow. How is the bare bottom? Are you have issue with ugly algae growing at the bottom?

Always,
I'm trying my best to do this right this time around. I have two quarantine tanks going. One for corals and one for fish. So far I'm okay.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Got my Christmas gift early
Been using the Reef Octopus Elite for a few days since Black Friday.
Had a small issue with the sump cover not allowing for the Silencer Pipe but it was a super easy fix with my drill.
All good

Last edited:

Two Tides Aquarium Supply

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaning up the rats nest of cables I had under here!

Hey @flyfisher2, apologies if this was answered earlier in this thread, but what specific stand lights are those? Very minimalistic and bright to make working inside the stand much easier. We may start suggesting something like this to clients to make things easier for them come maintenance time.

Thanks for all your suggestions so far!

To Your Success

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Govee LED Strip Lights Warm White 3000K Dimmable Light Strip with Ultra Bright 300 LEDs, 16.4ft Under Cabinet Lighting Flexible Tape Lights for Bedroom Christmas Decoration

My wife installed these around the upper parameter of the stand in 10 minutes. Its an LED tape and works perfectly. Highly recommended and inexpensive to boot

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Playing with LightRoom on my iPhone...

Attachments

• 75CF736C-BD4A-4DED-BB09-296F5F3243AE.jpeg
    75CF736C-BD4A-4DED-BB09-296F5F3243AE.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 097D79FA-701F-4E1F-BDDE-3B5ADB80745A.jpeg
    097D79FA-701F-4E1F-BDDE-3B5ADB80745A.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 42
  • CBCA705F-5BB2-43F2-A685-40B680247B47.jpeg
    CBCA705F-5BB2-43F2-A685-40B680247B47.jpeg
    602.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 859D5227-375A-4CCC-878A-6A2D9C8FEBAC.jpeg
    859D5227-375A-4CCC-878A-6A2D9C8FEBAC.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous setup! I love how clean, well lit and organized everything is!
Thanks Steph! Appreciate the compliment. I'm trying my best to keep it neat under there. I feel that organization is key and helps me maintain order and stability. I try and follow a set schedule and by doing so I maintain my parameters in check as closely as I can. The LED tape does help tons. Super bright and cheap! LOL

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that horchata?! That picture is making me want to order one! Lol
LOL
It's called Coquito. It's a Caribbean drink made with Coconut syrup, coconut milk, some other odds and ends and three types of rum. Very popular during the holidays. What's 'horchata' ?

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL
It's called Coquito. It's a Caribbean drink made with Coconut syrup, coconut milk, some other odds and ends and three types of rum. Very popular during the holidays. What's 'horchata' ?
That sounds delicious ! Horchata is a sweet cinnamon and milk drink, I think it’s roots are Mexican but I’m not sure. I order it from the taco truck down the street from me all the time. Its reallllyyyy good!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 50 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • None.

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.7%
Back