Problem with two fish

iloveswfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a six line wrasse and a royal gramma basslets. I noticed that the six line chases him everywhere and the RG does not come out much. Can someone suggest a solution. I have even changed some of the rocks around.

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a six line it will always do that probably should have went with a more peaceful wrasse like a flasher.

human

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how big your tank is, but 6 lines can be relentless when it comes to picking on other fish, my suggestion make a bottle trap and get it out of there, get something more peaceful, chances are it'll pick on any newly introduced fish.

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a six line wrasse and a royal gramma basslets. I noticed that the six line chases him everywhere and the RG does not come out much. Can someone suggest a solution. I have even changed some of the rocks around.
I have been in this hobby for 30 Plus yrs and imo the hardest thing is what fish with what fish but there are a lot of people here on r2r that have the experience with all of them so I would suggest that you ask here before you purchase it will save your experience in the hobby.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six line wrasse are absolutely the worst behaved wrasse, perhaps the worst behaved common fish in the hobby. Just my .02

FishWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quarantine one in an acclimation box and give them time to adjust without tearing each other up.....if that doesn't work you may have to bring 1 back. I loved our six-line, very active fish.

Frankyrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish to never buy if you want a peaceful tank

6 Line wrasse
Mystery wrasse
Splendid dottyback
Any damsel
Clowns especially maroons are starting to make this list once they get older
Some anthias
And I'm sure I'm missing more but these are the ones I've had the most trouble with

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back