Product idea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bbart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm full in with the triton method right now. However is is getting expensive for my tank 40mL on a 210g water volume of each supplement per day (I have an 18" derasa clam that sucks up some calcium). After a tank crash I only have 8-10 frags and a couple of smaller colonies (3-5 inches) the sps is only going to take up more and more. Well hopefully :)

The proposed product would essentially be the more minor elements provided currently by core 7 minus Calcium and bicarbonate. This product would be suitably concentrated to take advantage of the extra dilution room prior to parcipitation that removing the calcium and bicarbonate would give you.

I understand dKh is being used as a gauge of the amount to add to a tank and that more testing would be required to develop a maintenance dose. However, triton has figured out the correct ratio to add these minor elements in for the average tank and I think that'd have benifits for those of us using a lot under the current system. Maybe the base dose recommendation could be something like "if you transition to this use distaco (because it is pure it removes variability from the equation) media and use 10% of what you were dosing before." That way you'd be limiting the population to people who had figured out the core 7 base dose for their system.

Back