ProfessorX's 7.5g Cube

ProfessorX

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2014
Messages
101
Reaction score
97
Location
Aventura, FL (Miami)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycling










More Recent




















Things are still recovering from a crazy alkalinity issue (16.9 at one point!) so I hope everything continues to improve in color and health, but this is where its at right now.
 
Thanks! Its a 12" cube, but I'm not sure what company, I bought it used.
The tank itself was just glass. I added a HOB filter, with a TOMs surface skimmer, a 100gph centrifugal pump, a powerhead, and the light my good friend Richard let me use.
 
Looking good though the anemone looks bleached:cry:
 
I don't think he is bleached. Many LTA are this color, and he appears to be very healthy. He ate a bunch of rogger's reef food and is reacting well.
 
The anemone starting moving last night and stung a bunch of stuff including my plate coral. So he went back to the store, and I got 3 hermits, 2 Astrea snails, and a peppermint shrimp to make up for it. Hopefully they will handle some of the HA I'm starting to get.

I will probably try again when I have the tank a bit more dialed in, and probably go with a RBTA this time around
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new