Profilux 3 - Connecting to WiFi network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the day I had my GHL P3EX (I think that's the correct version I upgraded to lol) connecting to my home's WiFi via a DLINK DAP 1522 (purchased around 2010). It worked pretty good but that was several years ago.

I recently took my Profilux out of storage and everything seems to work as before except the DAP 1522 will no longer connect to my new WiFi (different house/WiFi etc). I've used Customer Service and the first level of service said the unit is out of date in terms of user service and they want to CHARGE me an hourly rate to diagnose/fix it or to update it (It's on latest FW etc). I can't justify spending a MIN of $49 for customer service on an older unit when I could apply that $$ to a brand new Bridge/AP.

Anyway instead of working with an older bridge/AP I decided I'd ask here and see what others are currently using that seems easy to set up and is reliable. What are you using and how easy was it to get set up on your WiFi?

Thanks in advance for your help and support!

Allen (Lost in WNC lol)

OP
OP
BigAl07

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try a "powerline adapter" if the WiFi solution doesn't work out easy.
https://www.cnet.com/topics/networking/best-networking-devices/powerline-adapters/

Thank you Marco. That's an excellent solution but it won't work with my current WiFi as it's currently setup is using an Ubiquiti AP with no options for more Ethernet inputs. If I go this route (and I may have to before it's over) I'll have to add an ethernet hub ahead of the AP.

Thanks for your input.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love UBNT gear and run it exclusively, where I can.
Just pickup a cheap AP and enable wireless uplink.
Take your POE injector and power up the additional AP - the LAN port will become a bridges port and can be used for additional devices.
I have a switch in a remote location that has devices hanging from it, LAN’ed off an UAPACPRO.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back