Profilux probe graphs/charts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any video or thread that explains exactly how this feature works with the Profilux? I have been able to get the charts/graphs pulled up in GCC, not much luck in myGHL. I know we need to somehow set the profilux to record these measurements for graphing, but not sure exactly how it's all supposed to work.

I personally see this as an area that could use some further tweaking by GHL to make it easier to view our parameters history in graph form. The actual graphics and values used make it a little difficult to easily compare. Having said that, I know I'm probably not using this feature to its full potential as intended. Has anyone done a video on this? Thanks

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto @Lasse You guys got any pointers? Are we only able to record so much in one file and then we delete? Does your graphs show up on myghl?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The graphs in P4 does not work the same way as in P3. There it was an simple textfile - possible to export to excel. The format seems to be different in P4. if you create one file when you save the first time and every time you save new data - chose append to this file - you can have a very long graph in the GCC, But the intern memory needs to be saved rather often. I sample every 15 minutes and have six parameters - the memory its enough for 5 days, after that you have to save again if you do not want to lose any values. How to do it in MyGHL - I do not know because I do not use MyGHL. In P3 - there was a very good web interface - there you was able to compare different sensors (up to 3) in order to track what´s happen. I hope that a webb interface will be developed for P4 also

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The graphs in P4 does not work the same way as in P3. There it was an simple textfile - possible to export to excel. The format seems to be different in P4. if you create one file when you save the first time and every time you save new data - chose append to this file - you can have a very long graph in the GCC, But the intern memory needs to be saved rather often. I sample every 15 minutes and have six parameters - the memory its enough for 5 days, after that you have to save again if you do not want to lose any values. How to do it in MyGHL - I do not know because I do not use MyGHL. In P3 - there was a very good web interface - there you was able to compare different sensors (up to 3) in order to track what´s happen. I hope that a webb interface will be developed for P4 also

Sincerely Lasse

Thank You very much! So I'm not crazy. Lol, well at least when it comes to this. I hope they develop graphs on the app as well, as I never use myghl either (very rarely) and having them on the app makes sense. I keep forgetting you have the P3, but appreciate the info!

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you trying to save or just see a chart? When I click on the dashboard Sensor value it opens a chart, I don't believe I did anything to get this done.

upload_2018-2-7_18-13-43.png

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just trying to see them and figure out how they are recorded/stored and for how long. I can see them on GCC, but not on myghl. Really just trying to get a full rundown on the possibilities and comment on how it's not all that user friendly imo. I'm loving GHL products as I now own P4, 3 powerbars, 2 dosers, and the kh director. There are certain things I just would like to know more about and see what GHL thinks about further development.

I think I just need to check the record measurement values, now that I see your post. Will this record these and store these indefinitely? Thanks for posting!

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You very much! So I'm not crazy. Lol, well at least when it comes to this. I hope they develop graphs on the app as well, as I never use myghl either (very rarely) and having them on the app makes sense. I keep forgetting you have the P3, but appreciate the info!

No I run a P4 today but sometimes I miss my P3 :) I work with P3 and P3.1 when i want to work a little :) .I'm retired, but sometimes I'm working with profilux systems at different locations in Gothenburg. System that I once built up

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of my problem is using my phone for almost everything. Including myghl. I'm going to pull it up on my laptop and check it all out again. Appreciate the help fellas

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just trying to see them and figure out how they are recorded/stored and for how long. I can see them on GCC, but not on myghl. Really just trying to get a full rundown on the possibilities and comment on how it's not all that user friendly imo. I'm loving GHL products as I now own P4, 3 powerbars, 2 dosers, and the kh director. There are certain things I just would like to know more about and see what GHL thinks about further development.

I think I just need to check the record measurement values, now that I see your post. Will this record these and store these indefinitely? Thanks for posting!

I like GHL too. Absolutely not user friendly though - the videos are great but need more of those, I've been reading through a ton of posts to figure out stuff.
My recordings go back to Dec 10, which actually may be when I activated myGHL. What I don't understand is the 4hr delay before charts on myghl update...the last datapoint is from 2:20pm.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of my problem is using my phone for almost everything. Including myghl. I'm going to pull it up on my laptop and check it all out again. Appreciate the help fellas

the charts work on the phone too but it would be nice if it was all in the app. Speaking of the app, am I doing something wrong or does it only work while connected to wifi? I can't access the app when away from home.

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the charts work on the phone too but it would be nice if it was all in the app. Speaking of the app, am I doing something wrong or does it only work while connected to wifi? I can't access the app when away from home.

It's only supposed to work when you are at home on the network. Some guys have done some port forwarding to be able to access it while not at home, but I'm not sure how to do that or if it is even advisable? Hopefully it will be made to where it's accessible from anywhere, but the technicalities of that are over my head.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I’ve never heard of port forwarding until your post lol

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been fooling around only a little bit with the charts :) But agree wish it was a bit more intuitive. I only go back in my GHL to the time I had to restore the data. But it all there, but looks like approx 12 days worth of data. My interval is 1 hour but in the near future will reduce it to 10 or 15 minutes.

My Graphs do work in myghl also.
redox(Tank).png

But I am also working beginning to work with them in Excel to see if I can keep a larger history. (What I have learned)
I was able to convert the Unix Column to GMT -5
I was able to figure out the one value 1 is the value but needed to /10 (But I am guessing, but seems to match what I was seeing)

excel.png

What I am not sure on what Vaule 2,3 and 4 hopefully @Vinny@GHLUSA or @Marco@GHLUSA will chime in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been fooling around only a little bit with the charts :) But agree wish it was a bit more intuitive. I only go back in my GHL to the time I had to restore the data. But it all there, but looks like approx 12 days worth of data. My interval is 1 hour but in the near future will reduce it to 10 or 15 minutes.

My Graphs do work in myghl also.
redox(Tank).png

But I am also working beginning to work with them in Excel to see if I can keep a larger history. (What I have learned)
I was able to convert the Unix Column to GMT -5
I was able to figure out the one value 1 is the value but needed to /100 (But I am guessing, but seems to match what I was seeing)

excel.png

What I am not sure on what Vaule 2,3 and 4 hopefully @Vinny@GHLUSA or @Marco@GHLUSA will chime in.

Awesome, thanks for chiming in. There's always more features and ways to do things with this system, it's just figuring out how they intended it to work.

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't even get graphs to show up in GCC so...you all are ahead of me. :confused:

Basically I just started hitting buttons, lol. Well, pretty close to that actually. Somehow I saved some file somewhere in my computer and some graphs showed up. Haha. Hence why I started this thread. :D;Hilarious

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@KJoFan to start to record the data:

in GCC
Click on probe/Sensor Controls
Scroll down to measurement data
Click the probes you want to measure and then select a period of time
probe_measure.png

I just cleared my data, as I forgot my salinity probe was not being measured :)

If you already are recording data you will see the storage show in green click on read and save is what I used to see it.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto I followed your instruction and it worked! What do you all generally set your measurement period to?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That a great question, I am at 1 hour but I plan to reduce it to 15 or even 10 mins.

But it would be interesting to see what others post.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back