Programming Logic Just Isn't My Thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an engineer by trade but for the life of my I can't understand the GHL Programming Logic even after reading some of the KB Articles that GHL Support sent to me. Would anyone care to help me understand how this works? I have a Deltec Nitrate Filter that I would like to at first just successfully get one of two things to happen. I have two Peristaltic Pumps that feed water from my sump into the Deltec Nitrate Filter. One is always on at a set level that I would like to turn off when the ORP Level in the filter gets to high (around -140 and back on around -160). I would like the other to turn on when the ORP level in the filter gets too low (around -200 and back off around -180). Overall -170 is the sweet spot.

Here where the advanced part comes in. I have a dosing pump that delivers currently 2 ml of nitrate fluid every 6 hours. I would like that schedule to run but also add the following behavior. If ORP is more than-200 at the time of dosing skip the dose. If ORP is less than -140 add x amount of nitrate fluid outside of the schedule. Not sure of the second part is possible but that would be nice. Also if your wondering the filter reacts to the following. fresh saltwater entering the reactor causes the nitrate filters ORP level to rise (become less negative) Slowing that rate down causes the ORP level to lower (become more negative) and adding nitrate fluid cases the ORP level to lower (become more negative. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To start with - you want the same real ORP probe to regulate at least 4 processes with different nominal values. Its not possible - you need to create virtual ORP probes for each extra nominal value you want to use. Please read this - it explain the virtual probe concept

Sincerely Lasse

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back