Project Apex (Black Edition) by Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Print by Elder1945, on Flickr

I have started a new project! As some of you know I was not so impressed with the Apex launch and the overall look of the unit.. Neptune has fixed almost every issue they had at launch and now i am only hearing good things..... This now just leaves the look of the unit.. . . . Now the look of the Apex does not effect performance or functionality at all just in my opinion it looks unpleasant. #uncool :p This leads me to my new project or should I say set of projects as there might be a cough R2R one soon.. .. . . ..

This has just arrived!
20170615_133549 by Elder1945, on Flickr
20170615_133448 by Elder1945, on Flickr

So the idea is to take everything apart and re make the housing from scratch. I plan on going black on black with a hint of orange as I plan on utilizing the Lights in the EB832 and the head unit. I also have quite a few ideas that I am excited about :) Follow along and lets make a "Cool" apex together :p @Terence ??? you think this voids the warranty LOL j/k (but seriously i know it voids all warranties :p)

Last edited:

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have started a new project!

As some of you know I was not so impressed with the Apex launch and or look of the unit.. Neptune has fixed almost every issue they had at launch and now i am only hearing good things..... This now just leaves the look of the unit.. . . .

Now the look of the Apex does not effect performance or functionality at all just in my opinion it looks unpleasant. #uncool :p

This leads me to my new project or should I say set of projects as there might be a cough R2R one soon.. .. . . ..

This has just arrived!

So the idea is to take everything apart and re make the housing from scratch. I plan on going black on black with a hint of orange as I plan on utilizing the Lights in the EB832 and the head unit. I also have quite a few ideas that I am excited about :)

Follow along and lets make a "Cool" apex together :p

@Terence ??? you think this voids the warranty LOL j/k (but seriously i know if voids all warranties :p)

I've thought about doing stuff like this with hundreds of household items but could never gather up the guts to do it.. But as someone who is saving up for an Apex who also doesnt really care for the housing, I will gladly follow along!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You always do some real nice work, this should be interesting

I hope to make somthing "cool" we will see when I crack the apex open.. I think I might be cutting a pcb lol..

I agree with you on the appearance, therefore I will follow to see your transformation.

Yes just not my cup of tea.... Is it horrendous no but ugly yes..

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please take detail photo, I am sure the thing would look awesome without the silver!! Following this thread!!!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing what you did with your latest Vertex inspired build, and the videos of what you did to make the behemoth power bar on the Cerebra look awesome, I can't wait to see what you have in mind...
Following for sure!!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Last edited:

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, this is SO brave! Lol I most definitely would've quit as soon as I pulled the faceplate off of the energy bar... I guess it helps to know what you're doing though. Completely stoked to see what you come up with!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, this is SO brave! Lol I most definitely would've quit as soon as I pulled the faceplate off of the energy bar... I guess it helps to know what you're doing though. Completely stoked to see what you come up with!

:p Yea, having the pcb's flat helps to stream line the apex head unit. It was 3 pcb's layered onto of each other. They used 16p connectors so i can get them off the shelf. I did however change the male connectors as I did not need the crazy pins that they use.

I am happy how they construct the head units but wonder how much interference they get between the readings in the probes with this stack approached.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back