Purchasing fish from live Aquaria

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This type thread never really dies, umm unless LA does.
I just ordered 3 Yellow Pyramid Butterflies. We shall see.

May I ask why you prefer the pyramid to other butterflies? To me they look less colorful, but thats just my opinion. I know many people like it though.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pyramids do often like to munch on xenia polyps but typically leave other corals alone.
They're also quite easy to get eating prepared food, unlike some butterflies.

dstevenstn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have good success with my LA orders for fish. 3 different occasions, the only issue I had was with the reef cleaner pack. I did have on video the UPS driver dropping my box on the porch.
Dwarf Lionfish
Bristletooth Tang
Valentini Puffer
Blue spot puffer
Aptasia eating filefish

ORA Clownfish

Various inexpensive freeshwater fish

I have not had much luck on the coral site, but luckily my lfs is excellent for that.

I have had no luck with saltwaterfish.com. They refunded, but the packaging was poor. Mostly wrapped in Chinese newspapers. I will no longer use them.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well LA dropped the ball even before delivery. I specifically left a note in my order that said "if you can't send all three that I've ordered, cancel the order. I just got a email telling me they only sent one. The email was time stamped 10 mins. before their closing time. They didn't call or email me before shipping. That is bad customer service. I may refuse order, haven't decided yet. This was my first order with them.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Delivered one Yellow Pyramid Butterfly.
Accumulated, now in QT lonely.
But hungry, waited a hour and he took to flakes and brine shrimp .

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well LA dropped the ball even before delivery. I specifically left a note in my order that said "if you can't send all three that I've ordered, cancel the order. I just got a email telling me they only sent one. The email was time stamped 10 mins. before their closing time. They didn't call or email me before shipping. That is bad customer service. I may refuse order, haven't decided yet. This was my first order with them.
So you had to pay shipping for a single fish? That stinks.

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their policies on orders from the website:

Order Fulfillment
If up to 75% of your order value is available with in-stock items, your order will be fulfilled with these items. Any remaining items that are not able to ship will be removed from your order. Your order total will be adjusted accordingly, and your account will be charged only for the aquatic life items you received.
Delayed Orders
Though uncommon, if less than 75% of your order value is unavailable with healthy in-stock items, processing of your entire order will be delayed. One of our helpful LiveAquaria® customer service representatives will contact you immediately to discuss available substitutions or alternate arrangements.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their policies on orders from the website:

Order Fulfillment
If up to 75% of your order value is available with in-stock items, your order will be fulfilled with these items. Any remaining items that are not able to ship will be removed from your order. Your order total will be adjusted accordingly, and your account will be charged only for the aquatic life items you received.
Delayed Orders
Though uncommon, if less than 75% of your order value is unavailable with healthy in-stock items, processing of your entire order will be delayed. One of our helpful LiveAquaria® customer service representatives will contact you immediately to discuss available substitutions or alternate arrangements.
Ah, value vs number. So the one fish that was shipped must’ve been high value.

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His was 3 of the same fish so either way 33% of his order was shipped, I am worried about the same thing, I have considered getting 10-15 female pink square anthias, anything less will likely equal a lot of dead fish so I am worried about the entire order shipping.

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 12 fish from them so far, all survived and went through full 30 day QT. No issues to report

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His was 3 of the same fish so either way 33% of his order was shipped, I am worried about the same thing, I have considered getting 10-15 female pink square anthias, anything less will likely equal a lot of dead fish so I am worried about the entire order shipping.
Missed that. I’d be ticked too.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't pay shipping. Since my original was free shipping. It stayed that way. I would of raised hell had they tried to add shipping.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call them and talk it over. I have almost always been treated fairly when I called with an issue.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 7 fish from these clowns once. 4 were DOA the other 3 died with 72 hours. Never again.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call them and talk it over. I have almost always been treated fairly when I called with an issue.
It's all good. They will email me when the get 2 more in stock and shipping will be free. I just hate going through the QT process longer than I have to. If I get the other 2 before this current one is finished in QT, I'll need to start the clock back to day one for 30 more days. I have a feeling the one I have now won't need medication. To be honest, I don't know how any fish survives the trip from the ocean to are homes. Just the delivery day in the UPS truck with all the quick starts and stops with sometimes 100 deliveries is enough. I was thinking originally of not receiving the delivery. Then I thought..... What happens to the Fish? I couldn't just let it die.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope they get more for you soon.

I started with a trio from Divers Den, but I lost one shortly after it arrived - it didn't seem healthy to start with. You may want to consider this - I added a black zoster to replace the pyramid, and it is a cool mix. Unsurprisingly, they look like they belong together, and the little splash of yellow on the black zoster sort of makes it seem like he/she is the rebel in the family.

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a fire fish 3 cardinals royal gramma yellow eye kole tang and six line wrasse and a bicolor dottyback and only lost 1 cardinal and the dottyback all from live aquaria no qt straight in my tank they went

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 38.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.0%
Back