Purple stylo

LagoonLounge

loving the reef life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2018
Messages
192
Reaction score
322
Location
London
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I've currently got high nitrates 20ppm so I've been dosing Quantum HR nitrate remover

Instructions says nitrates levels 15-30ppm dose 1.5 - 3.0ml per 100L a day so as I have a reefer 250 I've been dosing 5ml a day and I'm thinking my purple stylo is having some sort of effect. Can anybody help me out please.

Thanks
20190927_212106.jpg
 
20 isn't that high, but could be for your tank. Can't you just do some large water changes to lower your NO3?
Yeah I normally do 10% WC every Saturday so I'm due one tomorrow, 20% WC should be ok in a reefer 250?
 
I guess what I meant was if 20 is really a concern to you, seeing how your water volume is only 65 gallons or so, could you do a large 30-50% WC and then you can lower the NO3 significantly without chemicals.
 
I guess what I meant was if 20 is really a concern to you, seeing how your water volume is only 65 gallons or so, could you do a large 30-50% WC and then you can lower the NO3 significantly without chemicals.
I've got 2 25L buckets so could do 50L tomorrow and maybe another 50L Monday/ Tuesday...

I've got a gold inferno ultra gonipora being delivered on Tuesday so want to get my no3 down as its currently been In 5ppm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new