Push Me Over the Edge

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the family. Sounds like you got your answer. The only thing I would add is to determine what you want. Size of tank, FOWLR or reef, sump or AIO and plan according to your desires and not just what you can afford. This hobby can be pricey, but it's important that you invest wisely the first time.

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the limit!

the limit.gif

OP
OP
ruegaroo

ruegaroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the family. Sounds like you got your answer. The only thing I would add is to determine what you want. Size of tank, FOWLR or reef, sump or AIO and plan according to your desires and not just what you can afford. This hobby can be pricey, but it's important that you invest wisely the first time.

I wish I could get a massive tank but I think I will be getting something a bit more modest (at least at first) that will fit well into my limited living space. I'm thinking about starting slow and eventually working my way towards a reef with some softies and LPS and maybe when I'm up to it some nice SPS. I really like euphyllia and some leathers. I also think corals like trachyphyllia and lobophyllia are really cool. However, when it comes to coral purchases I plan to do my research before buying something just because it looks like a piece of living art that I want. I would hate to blindly spend money on these creatures just to end up killing them because I didn't do my research.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could get a massive tank but I think I will be getting something a bit more modest (at least at first) that will fit well into my limited living space.

Bigger isn't necessarily better. There's such a wide range of options. Just set your sites on something you think you will be comfortable with and go for it. You have nothing but time to make changes in the future.

OP
OP
ruegaroo

ruegaroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox has a nice financing option on their site which helped me get a decent tank without hurting my bank account up front. I ordered the 60.2 +plus setup. I am excited.

If I need help I am holding all of you responsible for being so welcoming and passionate about the hobby. ;) I expect answers to all of my questions!! ;Troll

And so, my journey begins...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back