Putting together my first reef

Jsams13241

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am putting together my first reef aquarium. (Not how I wanted to tell you guys) Planned to make my first post with my build. Sadly I'm having a plumbing issue. I have a Maxspect jump 8k. I am using 1inch return pvc pipe. This return came with barbed fittings and I am unsure of what tubing/ fittings to use to get from the pump to the 1inch pvc pipe. I am wondering if there is any threaded pvc size that would just screw onto the top of the pump? If not the barb options are 1inch and 1.24inch. any help getting this return hooked up would be hugely appreciated! Thanks guys!

TheyGaveItToMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheyGaveItToMe as far as tubing to the hardline what type? and just 1inch size? thank you
I would use 1" silicone hose with an 1" I.D. because it reduces transfer of vibration. Hose/pipe are measured by the I.D.; while tubing is measured by the O.D.(unless it gives both an I.D. and O.D. measurement, written as 0000 I.D. X 0000 O.D.)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back