Q&A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to start a thread for any questions that you may have regarding LED fixtures, live cultures, etc. If you wish to ask a question, simply post here, or pm me with any question that you have, I would be happy to help, thanks.

illcssd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24" cube; 60g. High light loving anemones in it. Currently 5 giganteas at the moment. Running a 400w halide now on a lumenarc reflector.

How much for a fixture that won't have shadows? I basically need the equivalent of growing sps on the sand bed.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will want a 48 led fixture, or a 36 led fixture with 6 high noon XML's on an 18" heat sink, this fixture will light a 24" cube no problem. Do you have an apex, or will you need manual dimming?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some recommendations for standard size tanks, all recommendations are for fixtures that will support sps, lps, and softies. For a 40 breeder, a 24" economy fixture would be perfect. For a 75 gallon or 90 gallon tank, I would recommend 2 18" economy fixtures, (and have used this with great results). For a 120 gallon tank, 2 18" economy fixtures would work, but the high noon upgrade or 48 LEDs per heat sink instead of 36 is recommended. For a 10 gallon tank, 1 12" economy fixture would be good, for a 45 gallon tank, 1 24" fixture, or 2 12" fixtures would work. For a 55 gallon tank, 2 18" fixtures would be perfect.

Reefer508

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but thought I'd throw it out here, I was wonder how the development of the phone app was coming. I was thinking the pandemic would be slowing down the release. Any update would be great.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but thought I'd throw it out here, I was wonder how the development of the phone app was coming. I was thinking the pandemic would be slowing down the release. Any update would be great.
8 Year old thread :p The pandemic is only slowing down light production, we are spending the downtime focusing on the testing processes. We're in Beta testing now.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders

Planning out my upgrade and the Nuvo EXT 200 seems to be winning me over. The tank is 71" x 30" x 22" high.

I plan on LPS heavy with some softies and some easier SPS (birds, stylos, monti's, maybe some easy acro's). Just a typical mixed tank.

What fixture(s) would you recommend to get the job done? Will the 30 wide be an issue? 22 is fairly short though. :)

Thanks!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking a photon 50 + 24 linked together and hung. I see lots of examples using the legs but the legs wont work on the IM EXT since it is eurobraced. I am assuming the link kit can still be easily hung?

That may be overkill, not sure. The price doesn't seem much different than two 32's.

Also saw this which I thought was pretty cool if I needed more coverage. Not sure if it is using the hanging kit holes though.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking a photon 50 + 24 linked together and hung. I see lots of examples using the legs but the legs wont work on the IM EXT since it is eurobraced. I am assuming the link kit can still be easily hung?

That may be overkill, not sure. The price doesn't seem much different than two 32's.

Also saw this which I thought was pretty cool if I needed more coverage. Not sure if it is using the hanging kit holes though.

Yes, the would not be a problem at all! I have done several setups with exactly that, a 24 and a 50 with the link rails hung up.

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 Year old thread :p The pandemic is only slowing down light production, we are spending the downtime focusing on the testing processes. We're in Beta testing now.
If you need any help beta testing just give me a shout please! ;) can’t wait for this!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.6%
Back