QT Clam

Rincon_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting an aquaculture clam from eastpacificaquaculture.com. Is it worth quarenteening? I have a fishless frag setup...but from what I have read acclimating and getting a clam to 'stick' can be tricky in itself, plus I am thinking aquaculture cuts down the ich risk.

If I do qt I would make some sort of clam rock and put that in my frag tank and bring up the lights. If I go directly in I would place it on the spot I hope it to like and use the acclimation feature on my lights to bring up light intensity.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting an aquaculture clam from eastpacificaquaculture.com. Is it worth quarenteening? I have a fishless frag setup...but from what I have read acclimating and getting a clam to 'stick' can be tricky in itself, plus I am thinking aquaculture cuts down the ich risk.

If I do qt I would make some sort of clam rock and put that in my frag tank and bring up the lights. If I go directly in I would place it on the spot I hope it to like and use the acclimation feature on my lights to bring up light intensity.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
I honestly think if you have the fish to combat the clam’s “pests” then you can throw it right in, even when doing a fallow with the clam ich will still have the chance of survival (Although it’s low). Do I recommend a QT to get it established to the lights? Yes, that is a very good idea! The other thing with ich is your fish will most likely be able to beat it if they’re healthy and fat (Still eating).

OP
OP
Rincon_Reefer

Rincon_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have two wrasse that should take care of pests. The fish are fat and healthy no history of disease in my tank in year and a half it has been going...knock on wood...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.1%
Back