QT Clam

Rincon_Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
119
Reaction score
158
Location
Savannah
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting an aquaculture clam from eastpacificaquaculture.com. Is it worth quarenteening? I have a fishless frag setup...but from what I have read acclimating and getting a clam to 'stick' can be tricky in itself, plus I am thinking aquaculture cuts down the ich risk.

If I do qt I would make some sort of clam rock and put that in my frag tank and bring up the lights. If I go directly in I would place it on the spot I hope it to like and use the acclimation feature on my lights to bring up light intensity.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
 
I am getting an aquaculture clam from eastpacificaquaculture.com. Is it worth quarenteening? I have a fishless frag setup...but from what I have read acclimating and getting a clam to 'stick' can be tricky in itself, plus I am thinking aquaculture cuts down the ich risk.

If I do qt I would make some sort of clam rock and put that in my frag tank and bring up the lights. If I go directly in I would place it on the spot I hope it to like and use the acclimation feature on my lights to bring up light intensity.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
I honestly think if you have the fish to combat the clam’s “pests” then you can throw it right in, even when doing a fallow with the clam ich will still have the chance of survival (Although it’s low). Do I recommend a QT to get it established to the lights? Yes, that is a very good idea! The other thing with ich is your fish will most likely be able to beat it if they’re healthy and fat (Still eating).
 
Thanks! I have two wrasse that should take care of pests. The fish are fat and healthy no history of disease in my tank in year and a half it has been going...knock on wood...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new