Quarantine fish in Canada

JamaI

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
5
Location
Vancouver
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far my 150 gallon has 2 clowns 1 royal gramma all captive bred. I want to add some wrasses but not sure how to quarantine them without medication. How long do I keep them in qt tank before moving into display tank? Is any medication available in Canada? Should I just observe them? Appreciate any help.
 
If they appear healthy I would personally just observe for atleast 3 weeks, but 30 days is more ideal. You can use therapeutic copper, however wrasses can be sensitive to copper so I like to just observe until I see a need for it. Watch for them itching themselves on things, and if they are sand-dwellers then provide some sand for them if its a bare-bottom tank. I use a tupperware container about twice the length of the fish filled with sand for them
 
So far my 150 gallon has 2 clowns 1 royal gramma all captive bred. I want to add some wrasses but not sure how to quarantine them without medication. How long do I keep them in qt tank before moving into display tank? Is any medication available in Canada? Should I just observe them? Appreciate any help.
Few options but you should be able to acquire general cure and copper power or else hypo salinity
 
If they appear healthy I would personally just observe for atleast 3 weeks, but 30 days is more ideal. You can use therapeutic copper, however wrasses can be sensitive to copper so I like to just observe until I see a need for it. Watch for them itching themselves on things, and if they are sand-dwellers then provide some sand for them if its a bare-bottom tank. I use a tupperware container about twice the length of the fish filled with sand for them
Thanks I will start with observing for 30 days if no issues
 
So far my 150 gallon has 2 clowns 1 royal gramma all captive bred. I want to add some wrasses but not sure how to quarantine them without medication. How long do I keep them in qt tank before moving into display tank? Is any medication available in Canada? Should I just observe them? Appreciate any help.
Hyposalinity will take care of flukes and ich. It sure of helps with Brooklynella. It makes velvet and Uronema worse, but those are rarer diseases.

Here is my post on hypo:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/hyposalinity.880546/
Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new