OP
OP
headdr

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got them Friday morning, salinity was 1.016. Have increased to 1.020. will wait a few days and increase another .002. Been feeding a small amount of LRS and frozen emerald feast. I tied a price of dried seaweed to a PVC fitting. They seem very active. The Naso nearly jumped out of tank when first taken out of bag. Hippo is teenie tiny small. Naso is triple the size. I paid for the next size up Sailfin, so 2 inches or so. Looks bigger due to fins. Convict is also small but bigger than the hippo. They all attack the LRS guess they like the brine shrimp? Thinking about going to far east market on 72 to get some nori.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got them Friday morning, salinity was 1.016. Have increased to 1.020. will wait a few days and increase another .002. Been feeding a small amount of LRS and frozen emerald feast. I tied a price of dried seaweed to a PVC fitting. They seem very active. The Naso nearly jumped out of tank when first taken out of bag. Hippo is teenie tiny small. Naso is triple the size. I paid for the next size up Sailfin, so 2 inches or so. Looks bigger due to fins. Convict is also small but bigger than the hippo. They all attack the LRS guess they like the brine shrimp? Thinking about going to far east market on 72 to get some nori.
Congrats! So they all made it?

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take plenty of pictures. Perhaps with a ruler in front of the holding tank. I wish I had. My hippo was around the size of a quarter. Now she is almost the size of my hand.

Very happy they all made to trip. Our fish go through a whole bunch to get to us don’t they.

My tangs have always eaten LRS well. Several months ago I moved to the Apex crossover diet pellets almost exclusively. Everyone eats it well and the fish are fat so I am happy.

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take plenty of pictures. Perhaps with a ruler in front of the holding tank. I wish I had. My hippo was around the size of a quarter. Now she is almost the size of my hand.

Very happy they all made to trip. Our fish go through a whole bunch to get to us don’t they.

My tangs have always eaten LRS well. Several months ago I moved to the Apex crossover diet pellets almost exclusively. Everyone eats it well and the fish are fat so I am happy.

What is this Apex crossover diet pellets?

OP
OP
headdr

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they all made it and the old heater I repurposed stuck on and almost cooked them. Saturday night, got up to 85 or 86 degrees. They really have had a tough couple of days. Still all looking good.

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got 2 sea hare with the order, they are a funny creature.

Be careful with these. I got one and from what I understand, they're toxic if they die in your tank and not removed right away. Never have seen mine since the third day.

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had several that just "went missing" after they ate all the hair algae. No problems to the other tank inhabitants.

OP
OP
headdr

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190105_183836759.jpg
Half way thru QT. Sailfin and Naso are eating good. The smaller Hippo and Convict died before Christmas while I was out of town. Got store credit for Convict and they are going to resend me a hippo.

OP
OP
headdr

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not seeing any signs of sickness. Should I still go the full 30 days? Any thoughts on doing a freshwater dip? 4 to 5 minutes right?

OP
OP
headdr

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190105_184546368.jpg
on a side note got this leather splitting into four or five pieces. If it was a palm tree I would say it has root root. The base is all splitting apart. Is this a bad sign?
IMG_20190105_184534004.jpg

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did my QT for three weeks. Based on my experience it was a good decision.

Back