quarantine protocol?

  • Thread starter Thread starter w2inc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

w2inc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2017
Messages
411
Reaction score
366
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you are adding new corals to your tank what do you do to keep bugs and other things out?
 
+1 on coral Rx
 
I quarantine every frag for at least a month, dipping every 5-6 days or so.
 
Does anyone know what is in Coral-rx? It sounds like it treats the same things as H2O2. The website only claims to take care of worms, snails and bacteria. With a footnote that says "CoralRx’s effectiveness against Acropora Red Bugs has not been tested."

I am primarily concerned about bugs. Has this not been an issue for people?
 
I put them in my qt after I temp acclimate and dip them in Bayer 2 days later, wait a couple more days, examine them with jewelers loop and go from there. Once I’m confident they are clean, I rip them off the plug, remount them to caribsea life rock frag rubble zone and put them in my display.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new