Quarantine question

jmathia

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
gainesville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have three fish (clown, fire fish, PJ cardinal) form liveaquaria in copper power (day 22, after 2 weeks of observation). None have ever shown any sign of disease. The clown and cardinal are ORA. The firefish isn’t. I am on the fence about dosing with General cure. I don’t feel there is any sort of parasite, bacterial infection, etc in these guys... never have. Do I medicate for no reason or add to DT?
 
I currently have three fish (clown, fire fish, PJ cardinal) form liveaquaria in copper power (day 22, after 2 weeks of observation). None have ever shown any sign of disease. The clown and cardinal are ORA. The firefish isn’t. I am on the fence about dosing with General cure. I don’t feel there is any sort of parasite, bacterial infection, etc in these guys... never have. Do I medicate for no reason or add to DT?

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I would use Prazipro with good aeration over General Cure. Also, I understand its done and no problem, but I never do more than 72 hours of observation before starting copper - too much of a chance of a protozoan disease getting started up during that time, and then you have to battle an active infection. Here is my current protocol:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/current-quarantine-protocol.825055/
Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new