Quarantine question

jmathia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have three fish (clown, fire fish, PJ cardinal) form liveaquaria in copper power (day 22, after 2 weeks of observation). None have ever shown any sign of disease. The clown and cardinal are ORA. The firefish isn’t. I am on the fence about dosing with General cure. I don’t feel there is any sort of parasite, bacterial infection, etc in these guys... never have. Do I medicate for no reason or add to DT?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have three fish (clown, fire fish, PJ cardinal) form liveaquaria in copper power (day 22, after 2 weeks of observation). None have ever shown any sign of disease. The clown and cardinal are ORA. The firefish isn’t. I am on the fence about dosing with General cure. I don’t feel there is any sort of parasite, bacterial infection, etc in these guys... never have. Do I medicate for no reason or add to DT?

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I would use Prazipro with good aeration over General Cure. Also, I understand its done and no problem, but I never do more than 72 hours of observation before starting copper - too much of a chance of a protozoan disease getting started up during that time, and then you have to battle an active infection. Here is my current protocol:

Jay

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back