Quarantine setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter pdiehm
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2014
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
586
Location
Delaware
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to build a stand/rack for my office, which will be where I quarantine the fish. I have a 20 gallon long as my main quarantine, and a 10 gallon to use as the treatment tank. This 10 gallon will be where I dose Cupramine for 14-21 days before moving to the main quarantine for 30 days...and then to the display tank.

Question...I'm planning on buying fish when they are small..I just really enjoy watching them go from looking out of place in a big tank to growing into the tank. Will the 10 gallon be fine to use as the treatment tank?
 
I'm no fan of treating a fish "just because" they're already stressed out and unless I see a clear reason for doing so I place them directly into quarantine... what that means is that I'll need to check on that fish/s daily, make sure it's eat, at the first sign of bacterial infections or parasites like black ich, brooklynella, goiter: sharks and stingrays, head and lateral line erosion (HLLE), hyper-melaninization, ich-cryptocaryon irritans, lymphocystis, pop-eye infection. I look to ID (this is the hardest part) what that fish has then move to a treatment tank and start treating accordingly.

To the question being asked "Will the 10 gallon be fine to use as the treatment tank?"... IMO, that size is perfect.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new