Quarantine Tank Question

kenzielauren8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a clown and a YWG who recently survived brooklynella and were treated with reef rally and metro while in QT. They were doing well for a week or so but now my clown has small white dots on her again. I have cupramine and was wondering can I treat the tank with that? Or will it harm them? **they are still in the QT due to the DT running fallow** they’ve been in quarantine for 2 weeks.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a clown and a YWG who recently survived brooklynella and were treated with reef rally and metro while in QT. They were doing well for a week or so but now my clown has small white dots on her again. I have cupramine and was wondering can I treat the tank with that? Or will it harm them? **they are still in the QT due to the DT running fallow** they’ve been in quarantine for 2 weeks.

Copper doesn’t cure brook unless you think you have another parasite.

OP
OP
kenzielauren8

kenzielauren8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper doesn’t cure brook unless you think you have another parasite.
I am sure it was brook that took the whole tank out. She just has small white flecks on her again and I wasn’t sure if it was the start of brook coming back or something else.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure it was brook that took the whole tank out. She just has small white flecks on her again and I wasn’t sure if it was the start of brook coming back or something else.

“flecks” sounds like it didn’t kill all of the brook. The treatment listed here involves transferring fish to a new sterile tank. I would assume it is an important step.

Copper isn’t for brook so you would want to be sure it is ich for velvet before trying copper. Ich looks like salt and velvet is kind of powdery sheen.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back