Quarantine Tank Size

ManyBlenny

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2023
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 20g (not a long), and am thinking about upgrading to a 180 and using my current one as a quarantine tank since I already have it. I'd like to get a Tang or two, but I'm not sure if you can keep them in a QT tank that small for the 30+ days required to medicate them.
 
I use 20g longs or 20g talls for quarantines, as well as 10 gallons (for small fish). I usually try to use bigger tanks if doing larger groups of fish or large fish (bigger angels, tangs, butterflies, triggers, etc). Currently I have a 20g long and a 75 gallon running for fish, and 2x 20g high tanks for inverts.
 
I keep a 20 gallon and a 29 gallon tank on hand to use as a quarantine tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new