Question about Trigger system sump or any in general

FrancineJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I ended up getting a 110g tank for my birthday and I’ve been looking at sumps
(No I’m not a DIYer lol)

So what I ended up getting was a RR tank (didn’t pick it out)
But basically it has a Durso drain... I’m not concerned about that part (not my preference but hey it was free!) except I am wondering (because I have never used a single drain) would I be able to make it work with one of the Trigger sumps that have the 2 drain holes?

All the ones with single drains are quite small for a 110 in my opinion (like 20g)

But all the bigger ones have 2-3 drain holes for the other styles of drains....

My question (finally lol) is there a way to make the Durso drain work with a sump that has 2 drain holes? Like could I add some sort of splitter or t (I have no idea what half these parts are actually called lol)

But if there is a way to do it I would be glad if someone could let me know how!

The one I want has 2 x 1” drains I believe... and I have a 1” drain (I think, I haven’t even opened it yet lol) so ya is there a part/s or something I can use to split the 1 drain to the sumps 2 drain holes? Or what would happen if I just connected one? (Probably not good lol)

Any help would be great! And if you need exact pipe sizes to tell me what to ask for at the store I can find out!

Thank you in advance! :)

SDboatguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a T on my overflow ( under the tank) added some 90s and went with hose from ther. Not very pretty , but it’s worked for 6 years...

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always use both holes in the overflow for drains and then run the returns over the top. Another option is to drill a return hole, or holes, in the back glass where the overflow is and run returns in that way. On my 60 cube, I utilized both bottom holes for a Herbie style overflow and then drilled a single hole up high on the back wall of the overflow for the return. My tank was rimless so I didn't want returns going over the top.

Lot of options available to you.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
an over the top return is an option as stated above but if you are ok with the durso setup you can just use one of the 2/3 drain bulkheads on the trigger system. i have the trigger 34 and cant see any reason why both HAVE to be used

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back