question about underwater camera housings

barryfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are going to cozumel in march for our anniversery and i was wondering would it be ghetto if i used a 1gal ziplok baggy for a waterproof container so i can use our digital camera to take pics? i have been 4 other times and it gets expensive and its a hit or miss with the kodak underwater disposables so was curious if its ghetto or not to use the baggy and tape the crap out of the corners so it wont rip? sorry if this is a useless thread just a question haha. if this would work i wonder how deep i could go being that we are only snorkling and i can only dive about 20 ft b4 my ears wanna explode

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to spend not an extreme amount of $...for $100 you can get a vivitar underwater camera..shoots video.no macro but iused it for the underwater filming in this video

YouTube - NC Beaches

and the photos that you see in the video from the ocean towards the shore..the ywere taken with this camera.....

It take it a few seconds to focuse but if you are soemwhat steady it takes a fairly good picture for the price you paid

OP
OP
B

barryfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats not too bad of pics underwater especially coming from NC. so i guess cozumel would be better than. ill have to look into this camera awesome thanks alot

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back