Question fo all the photo pro's

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.... i have a question...... i have had these zoa's /paly's for about 3 years now. they came to me as a hitch hiker.. really i have no idea where they came from.. anyhow.. they are really slow growers. well to get to my question.... i was taking pics this morning with my face right against the glass and looked really close at those zoa's/paly's and noticed they were changing color.... so i snapped a few pics of them with my Nikon coolpix S-8100 camera....my blue T-5's were the only lights on in the tank....now my question is.... is this the true color of these zoa's/paly's or is the pic getting saturated ??? the first couple of pics were with only the T5's only and they last couple of pics were after one halide came on...i run on a 3 phase lighting schedule....so can someone take a look at these pics and tell me if you can see if they are saturated or not ??? or is the camera picking up colors that the naked eye can not....cause i know alot of corals show alot more color in pics on macro shots..... i know there are ways of telling but i am not very good with a camera and all the technical stuff...to me you just squeeze the button and boom you have a pic...so any help would be great
Thanks

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only you will be able to tell, for sure, if the photos represent a true image. When you look at them, do they look like the photos? Although, you could send them to me, then I could look at them, look at your photos, look at them some more, look at your photos some more....admire my new beautiful Zoanthids, and then report back!

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only you will be able to tell, for sure, if the photos represent a true image. When you look at them, do they look like the photos? Although, you could send them to me, then I could look at them, look at your photos, look at them some more, look at your photos some more....admire my new beautiful Zoanthids, and then report back!

I agree that they should represent the way the coral looks...a lot of people say that some pics are too blue, but some people like their tanks that way...others don't...they first few pics look like they are saturated, and the last 2 look more regular, fwiw

OP
OP
foxhuntr

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well the polyps in the pics are alittle more pink than they are with the naked eye......but depending on the lighting sometimes they look like that in person.. the only thing that changed from the first 3 pics to the last 2 pics is the lighting....like i said the one halide came on....it came on as i was taking the the pics....

Last edited:

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do admit that I have some colors that don't show up well in pictures either...all of the pics look nice though

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back