Question For The Bare Bottom Reefers

brick-brothers

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2010
Messages
231
Reaction score
48
Location
Stroudsburg, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Sps tank been up and running for about a yr maybe a little over. Its doing quite well. I was wondering what should I put of the floor of my tank. Its bare bottom and empty besides the coralline algae covering it. So I figure I post this to see what y'all added to the bottom or if you just left it empty. If you have pix, post it.
 
Some help me sale this aquarium I have it is 150 gallon few scratch I take offer it comes with stand light filter and skimmer
image.jpg
 
I've read a couple threads on this and a good amount of people use starboard to protect the bottom glass
 
i know alot of people use tile or ceramic.one of my lfs said he could make me ceramic pieces that look like live rock but the bottoms would be flat so nothing could get trapped or stuck under them.he only wanted 10.00 for each one and they where around 5''x5''.im gonna get a few whe he has the chance to make them and see how they look.
 
Im good far as leaving it glass. Im talking about putting softies at the bottom. Other kind or corals or just leaving it as is
 
i have put a few corals in the bottom sunset monti gsp and wow paly growing on the bottom glass.wish i did not put the monti on there.i also grow corals [acro's] on the back glass.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new