Question on QT!

BaileyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have my QT ready for my fish going in my 145. Currently just observing before adding more fish later this week. These this list if fish have been in the tank now for 10 days
Currently I have:

Flame Angel
One spot foxface
baby hippo tang (size of a quarter)
Royal grama
Engineer goby
Snowflake eel (both engineer goby and snowflake eel are going in separate QT with no copper).

I’ve noticed now my flame angel’s right eye is appearing to look cloudy, and am fearing it could be some sort of bacterial infection? He is currently eating good. Eating prime reef flakes, TDO chroma boost pellets, and ocean nutrition formula 2 pellets. He has also picked at some nori when I put it in. My original QT plan was to run coppersafe, then later running prazipro, and maracyn two for bacterial infections and internal parasites. Although now I feel the need to add the maracyn two to help treat the cloudy eye on the angel. Is it safe to run the bacterial medication (maracyn two) first before the copper? I wanted to wait to add the copper medication until I got my shipment of the rest of my fish later this week. I feel like I should start medicating for bacterial infections since I’ve noticed symptoms on my angel but I thought I’d get everyone else’s suggestions first. I have a lot of money in fish so don’t want to mess anything up. Thanks guys!

fish going in QT in a couple of days:
Porcupine puffer
Longnose puffer
Neon goby
Green filefish
Scrawled Cow Fish

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be wrong but I think some of those fish will be eaten by the predators

OP
OP
BaileyB

BaileyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be wrong but I think some of those fish will be eaten by the predators
Yeah I know the eel and goby can be an issue, but have heard of of people housing them with success if you get some that are docile, so if they end up being a problem in the future I’ll just rehome them! But do you have any input on using the bacterial medication before the copper?

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s your QT going? Question to any odd flame behavior after you stared copper? Mine was “normal” while in observation then he went mad once I started copper power. LOL. Swims the length of the front glass on a 40B non stop like he’s on something. Eating very little so not sure what he’s powered by.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back