Question

CLFishies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, has anyone set up a sump for the Fluval 32.5 saltwater tank? If so what is the set up in the tank? I have the sump that was used for a 55 gallon tank, and I have 2 pumps. One is a Mag Drive 500 gph’s and the other one is a Quite One 3000 780 gph’s. Any ideas? Thanks for any inf

OP
OP
CLFishies

CLFishies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a large sump for the size tank
Yes I really figured that, but that’s what I have and I was just wondering if that would work. Since the Fluval’s in tank sump is so small, my thought was maybe a sump down below. I also would have to find a small overflow box.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes I really figured that, but that’s what I have and I was just wondering if that would work. Since the Fluval’s in tank sump is so small, my thought was maybe a sump down below. I also would have to find a small overflow box.
I would say no and here is why-
With such a large sump, you will need a large pump to move the water with a gph flow way too much for the fluval system

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CLFishies

CLFishies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say no and here is why-
With such a large sump, you will need a large pump to move the water with a gph flow way too much for the fluval system
Yea I think that both the pump (500 ghp and 870 gph) is a little over kill. I just feel that the sicca 1.5 pump that is bought is just not powerful enough, but then I have to remember it’s a 32.5 gallon not a 90 gallon. Because of the size of the in sump area is small I am restricted on the pump☹️

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yea I think that both the pump (500 ghp and 870 gph) is a little over kill. I just feel that the sicca 1.5 pump that is bought is just not powerful enough, but then I have to remember it’s a 32.5 gallon not a 90 gallon. Because of the size of the in sump area is small I am restricted on the pump☹️
Sicce has good delivery for its small size

Upvote 0

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Welcome to R2R!!!

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CLFishies

CLFishies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how the sump & plumbing could be approached. If the glass on the fluval is not tempered & your ok with drilling glass, then you would simply need a couple of bulkheads, plumbing supplies & a 12 pack. If the glass can not be drilled, it will get a bit more complicated in getting the water to drain into the sump & return it back into the main display but it’s doable. All depends on the best & safest approach. If you really want to add a sump, start with finding out if the glass on the fluval is not tempered. If not tempered, look into how glass is drilled.
Thanks for the info, I would not really consider drilling holes, I would much rather use a over the back system.

Upvote 0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back